Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mantis Tiller not picking up fuel

Posted by tennesee Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, May 19, 13 at 8:49

I have a Mantis Tiller that will not pickup fuel to the carb. I have taken the carb apart, sprayed carb cleaner several times thru all the holes, ports, jets, holes under the welch plug and yes I did remove the two speed adjustment screws when I cleaned this out. I installed a new carb rebuild kit and a new primer bulb and primer base ( the carb is a Zama C1U K54) and replaced the fuel lines (the dealer gave me 'grey' colored replacement lines?) The primer bulb when pushed several times will not pick up fuel from the tank. I can hear the return to tank valve open but ???? The tiller starts and runs good if I put fuel thru the choke throat and will run till all that fuel is gone, what Gives? Can someone help!!!!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mantis Tiller not picking up fuel

They a check valve in carb. that close makes primary pump work if its destroy I've replaced Carburetor on my engines.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here