Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with new tiller purchase.

Posted by golfer_2008 GA 8 (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 9:12

I am considering buying the Husqvarna DRT 900h 17" with a Honda engine. I would greatly appreciate comments from those of you that have this tiller

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with new tiller purchase.

I have Poulan Pro of the same design, but of less quality. It has been a great tiller. it has the reverse rotating tines only, a Briggs Intec (6.5). I have had it for 9 or 10 years with lots of use. I have replaced 4 tines, sheared a hub pin in the wheel and a broken throttle cable. I made a new pin, wired the throttle at full speed and ordered tines on line. It almost never takes more than one pull to start the engine.

The Husky is made by the same company ( was AYP) when mine was made. The only thing I would suggest is to check out the taller tired because when the tines run counter rotating it tries to push soil up between the tines and tires. I use that to my advantage by being able to push soil from one area to another.

I also think that style of gear box is hard to work on because the tiller pretty well has to be stripped down to dis-assemble.

If I had to, I would buy mine again. I paid $519.00 when I bought mine, I saw one at Atwoods this year for $549.00.

o

Personally, I would buy one that you can run the tines either direction.

That model has forward tines only. It probably won't till too well in some situations, like hard soil or heavy weeds and grass.

As slowpoke said "If I had to, I would buy mine again."

I have an 80 something model MTD with reversing tines and it is till kicking right along. I bought new tines for it this morning.

Besides gas and oil I have never had to replace anything or had it break down.

o

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Fri, May 17, 13 at 16:09

Here's a link at Lowe's with 20 reviews.

Good luck,

Ev

Here is a link that might be useful: Lowes Tiller

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here