Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

A pleasant experience burning what I feel is Ash.

loger_gw
10 years ago

We are having a pleasant experience burning what I feel is Ash. A friend felt it was Oak (planning to use it BBQing) and wanted help splitting it. I traded him Pecan and Mesquite for what I feel is Ash. Just as dense as White Oak, burns just as good with good coals (maybe slower burning). To me the bark (attached) is not Oak, nor the smell of the wood burning.

The Central unitâÂÂs AC w/n come on two days ago (until I let it though from frost) and no problem due to the cold front coming through North, TX. This morning the heat w/n come on the 2nd time it should have due to the blower not coming on after the burner. The Tech was already scheduled for today but the fireplace is doing a good job in this mid 40 degree weather. The Tech and I feel it will be a weak Starting Capacitor since blowing is the issue âÂÂat timesâÂÂ. The Ash if itâÂÂs Ash is holding good.

Yesterday, I got at least A Half City Cord Of Ash the street over for helping cut the wind blown tree (half showing). The last load is still in the truck as I rest. LOL! The 12" Electric McCullough cut it easier than Oak IMO. I have a closer pic it will help you toward helping me ID the wood. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments (4)