Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troybilt Belt & Motor Pulley

Posted by richard42_gardener TN (My Page) on
Mon, May 11, 09 at 10:22

I have a Troybilt Horse 1, S/N 392634, which is missing the proper belt and pulley for the motor. I'm told that this is a four speed tiller, which uses one belt. The motor, on this tiller, has a 1" shaft, so the original pulley, with its 3/4" bore will not fit.

I need the two pulley diameters so that I can get a new pulley machined. What is the proper belt length, also? I guess the belt is a 20" to 22" in length, but can't be certain of the exact length. If the 21" length is correct, the pulley diameters calculate to 2 5/16" and 3.0".

Thank you for your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troybilt Belt & Motor Pulley

The belt length on 4 speed is 22 inches. Belt length on 2 speed 22 1/2. Each pulley on 4 speed has 2 belt grooves on each grooves are different size you move belt by hand to change speeds. You need reverse parts. call this number talk Bill he help big time on this problem the parts list be longer than 2 pulleys and belt.1-800-609-5110

o

I have a 1979 horse I thought I needed just one belt for 2 different speeds after reading post here I wonder if I need 2 belts or not. What years use 1 belt and 2 belts

Thanks

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 16, 09 at 6:06

Mine is from May of 1983, serial number of 673XXX, and uses one belt. PTO model.

o

Iam in need of a engine pulley for a Horse I sn#192326 2 BELT PULLEY aNY WHERE i CAN GET ONE??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here