Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is the Echo PE2000 #552865 trimmer (21cc) enough to power?

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 12 at 10:58

Is the Echo PE2000 #552865 trimmer (21cc) enough to power a straight shaft & hard blade? The little Monster is running good with just string and curved shaft. My back needs a straight shaft at least. Plus, a hard blade tops my choice over "Breaking String!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is the Echo PE2000 #552865 trimmer (21cc) enough to power?

Why are you "breaking string"? I have an SRM-225, use .095 line and it never breaks. It does abrade against concrete, but I understand experienced operators don't have this problem as they become proficient with only cutting with the tips of the line. The owner's manual does say that it can be used with metal and plastic blades with the proper optional equipment.

To convert yours to a straight shaft would require a compatible clutch, shaft, drive cable, gear box and cutting head. I guess it depends on how much trouble and/or expense you want to go to considering that your engine may be 10 years old and a new SRM-225 is 200 bucks at HD.

o

Thanks For The Reply!

1. The Echo PE2000 #552865 trimmer (21cc) is setup and running with a straight shaft and what appears to be a 1/4" steel drive shaft vs a steel cable.
2. My concern is not to misuse the small engine (as a backup) if this is asking too much.
3. I have I have an SRM-225, use .095 line and breaks line due my lack of skills with too much concrete.
4. I have a Green Machine Trimmer with a straight shaft slightly curved, hard blade that is hard to beat.
5. Alternating or a backup is a concern due to having excessive time consuming concrete that saves also.
6. I can cut my yard in .5 hr but it takes 1 hr plus to edge probably due to edging every 2-3 cuttings.

Lazy Me And Respecting Equipment!!

o

"1. The Echo PE2000 #552865 trimmer (21cc) is setup and running with a straight shaft and what appears to be a 1/4" steel drive shaft vs a steel cable."... You confused me because in your first post you said, "The little Monster is running good with just string and curved shaft."

"2. My concern is not to misuse the small engine (as a backup) if this is asking too much."...Personally, I'd be more concerned about strain on the gear box and clutches than the engine.

o

Ruh roh rastro we have a problem im confused..???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here