Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Commercial Zero-Turn Mowers

Posted by maizenbluedoc 8 SC (My Page) on
Wed, May 12, 10 at 12:03

Any suggestions for a commercial grade zero-turn mower? I will be using it to mow 6 acres of land. I am presently using a JD 760 mid-mount mower, which needs replacing. Unfortunately, I cannot find a replacement deck for this tractor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Commercial Zero-Turn Mowers

I use dixie chopper on 12 acres its 60 inch cut 28 hp EFI engine this my 5th year cutting. Blades belts oil filters and one battery in five years that all I've had to buy so for I can see in near future set tires coming up dry rot. If buying new mower to cut larger I would go for 74 inch cut and 40 hp motor it cut 12 grass weed very easy. There a lot zero turn mowers that cut your 6 acres but I say try out dixie chopper first you want need dealer very much for repairs last I hear you return one if got less 60 hours on mower without problem.

o

Consider searching for low hour used models. I have heard that if they are maintained, the large ones (water cooled diesels) last a long time.

I also think this is probably a good time of the year to buy used. Any dealer who has high end "trade ins" is facing owning them until next April.

o

Scag!

o

Thanks for the info. I decided to go with the JD Z925A 27HP Kawi, 60 inch deck. Primary reason; the only place I could trade my JD 670 tractor with belly mower. $8700 is $1K cheaper than Exmark.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here