Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
riversidered

Husqvarna 262xp not cutting straight

RiversideRed
9 years ago

My Husqvarna saw has been pulling to the left for some time now. I am meticulous about sharpening and bar servicing. Teeth are always identical in length and angle.
I gave up on the old bar/chain and sprocket and replaced with new from dealer. After 1 week the saw started cutting left again ?
I also avoid any left or right pressure when cutting.
I have however noticed that at least one of the antivibration bushes looks to have come apart, could this be the culprit
as when holding the saw level with the handle, it looks that the bar underneath is leaning to the left. If so is it a diy job or dealer again. any advice appreciated Mike Northumberland England.

This post was edited by RiversideRed on Mon, May 5, 14 at 15:49

Comments (4)

• rcmoser
    9 years ago

Guess to how many hours are on the saw? I would think if the dampers shocks are not the same this would cause uneven pressure. I think you may of found the problem, post back to what fixed it?

• hippy
    9 years ago

The vibration damper/bushing will not cause the saw to pull to one side or the other. The bar is started straight and will remain straight even with bad bushings.

Things that make a saw pull off center.

#1. Dull chain. People do not always realize that a right handed person files more of the left side leaving the chain duller on the right causing the chain to cut to the right. The opposite apply to left handed people.

Rakes. Some people file a chain many times and never think to check the rakes on the chain. They to need to be filed using a gauge.

#2. Damaged or worn bar. Needs to be flip (top to bottom) once in a while to keep the wear even.

#3. Wood. Wood Pinching the bar will cause them to cut off center even if it is a small amount. Especially wood laying on the ground.
    ======

All you have to do is lay the saw on a piece of wood and pull the throttle. If the chain and bar are right. The chain will pull itself through the wood.

• rcmoser
    9 years ago

replaced with new from dealer. After 1 week the saw started cutting left again ?

Unless he run in the ground or cut dirty wood?

I have experienced this once cutting big stump out with Husq. I over cooked the chain running it in dirt and water and really had to try to bring back cooked chain. It took me several attempt filing on the chain to get it to cut straight again. So I can see your advise. I had new 18" poulan once that cut crooked right out of the box. I never could get it to cut straight. One of them wild things. I caulked it up to too thin bar, cheap chain, and weak power and got rid of it. But, I have 14" woodshark with Oregon bar and chain that I cut 30 stumps out with still going strong.

• ewalk
    9 years ago

Pretty well what Hippy has indicated are the routine causes of chain cutting to one side or the other .