Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Karcher 2400 power washer help.

Posted by esoxlucius (My Page) on
Sat, May 8, 10 at 12:53

So I garbage picked this what looks to be near new Karcher 2400 powerwasher. Had trouble with engine which i fixed. Hooked it all up to water, fired it up and it doesn't keep good consistent pressure. Took the unloader out and it looks real clean. My question is about the hose. Everything seems to screw on fine but on one end the hose is still loose in the coupling (i can wiggle the end around when coupling is tight) and leaks like a sieve. The o-rings and threads seem fine and I can't tighten the coupling any tighter. I assume it's not suppose to leak like this. Do i need a new hose/hose ends?
Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Karcher 2400 power washer help.

I read once on the net that the unloader needs to be greased with white lithium grease.

There should be a hose washer on the coupling were the hose is attached. There is an O ring washer on the other side of the hose coupling which maybe needs to be replaced.

I have the exact same problem as you with my 2401 Karcher with inconsistent pressure.

o
RE: Karcher 2400 power washer help.

I had to pull the front of the pump off to try and fix my loosing pressure problem. Some oil leaked out, about 1/4 cup or less. What type of oil do I relace it with?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here