Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beeer_2008

Troy Bilt Pony Tiller

beeer_2008
15 years ago

I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and Stratton engine. The rear sheild is missing and therefore I do not know the Model Number. I am trying to get ahold of a parts manual and/or owners manual. I need some parts, belts, the rear shield, etc. The Motor Model Number is 130292 Type 3220-01. Can anybody help me with a Model Number, manuals or at least the belt part number?

Comments (26)

• bill_kapaun
    15 years ago

Go to-
    http://www.m-and-d.com/parts.html
    Click the Illustrated parts diagrams online.
    Click "Click here for parts look up"

On the menu on the upper left, select-
    Troybilt
    Pony Tillers

There's quite a few 5HP tillers, but maybe you can narrow yours down?

• biglumber
    15 years ago

I have a 82' model.

Drive belt is 1/2 inch by 24.
    Reverse belt is 3/8 inch by 22. I buy them at ace hardware.

Troybilt numbers..
    Drive # is 9201
    Reverse # is 9200

I have the same engine number as yours. I also have a pdf parts diagram of my model. Let me know if you want it.

Peace

• bill_kapaun
    15 years ago

The CODE on the engine is the date IT was built.
    YYMMDDzz
    If it's original, expect it to be slightly older than the tiller.
    Engine IPL's are available from the Briggs site.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/maint_repair/manual_and_more/

• amigatec
    15 years ago

The Forward belt is a 9201 and is 23 1/2 long and 1/2 wide.
    The Reverse belt is a 9200 and is 22 1/2 long and 1/2 wide.

These are TB's numbers.

Hope this helps.

I have a '78 Model

• ginger1955
    15 years ago

I have just purchased a Pony Tiller. The only #'s I can locate are stamped on the case - 79396. I would like to located information/manual on this tiller. M&D's # are all larger. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Gin

• amigatec
    15 years ago

The SN# is hand stamped on the rear of the transmission on the older Pony's.

Here is the link for the older Manuals, Just use Pony as the model and 1 for SN.

Here is a link that might be useful: TroyBilt Manuals

• amyjackson
    14 years ago

biglumber.. I would love to have that .pdf if you dont mind sending it to me. I am having trouble getting the carb back together and need a diagram to help me out. Let me know..

• sert_optoline_net
    13 years ago

I just got a 79 pony. Oil leak around tines. Where can I buy a oil seal set??
    thanks

• tman52
    12 years ago

I just bought an old pony, the brigs 5 hp motor has a code of 1993. The exhaust valve was stuck, and previous owner thought motor was blown. I got it to run, but while taking the motor apart, I forgot how the throttle linkage attaches and the kill wire from coil attaches. The briggs site is no help, the correct manual does not show the connection, only the exploded view. Can anyone help?

• tman52
    12 years ago

I just bought an old pony, the brigs 5 hp motor has a code of 1993. The exhaust valve was stuck, and previous owner thought motor was blown. I got it to run, but while taking the motor apart, I forgot how the throttle linkage attaches and the kill wire from coil attaches. The briggs site is no help, the correct manual does not show the connection, only the exploded view. Can anyone help?

• greenman20
    9 years ago

Need help identifing Troy Bilt Pony tiller with serial # S212583 stampin on tail tube. Do not have model #.

• hippy
    9 years ago

I only have information up to Jul - 1983 serial #S129028.

With the fifth number being 5. I would think that you have a 1985 Pony III or IV depending on the engine.

S212583

• Raymond DeLea
    9 years ago

I have a 1985 TroyBilt Pony tiller with a Briggs and Stratton
    5HP 206cc engine (Model #130292, Type 1900 01, Code 85011407). Is it possible to re-engine this tiller with the newer Briggs & Stratton model 12S492-0070-F8 engine? I've heard both a yes (from Briggs) and a no (from others) on this issue. I need to know for sure.

• gator_rider6
    9 years ago

Harbor Freight engine work just add more oil so want cut off if over tilt 4 oz. Engine more hp but no problem you loose reverse that no problem either.

• gigger29
    8 years ago

I am in the process of buying a 1985 troy built roto tiller w/ power composter. what price should I be looking at paying for this item? 5 hp briggs & stratton engine

• gator_rider6
    8 years ago

Its all about condition if don't run and work set up long time the cost to you get it up running with HF engine be 150.00 cost to you engine be cheaper, but other cost changing engine. Chopper hard find parts, like screen inside. If runs now works all parts there 175.00 if don't run work 50.00 this time year HF engine may be at highest selling price.

• loger_gw
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I feel sharing Pics would help with carb linkages, kill switch, comparing models and issues. Good Luck To All!

• gigger29
    8 years ago

The tiller I will buy is in prime condition even after years of use .The seller took it for service . It also has a furrow attachment. I'm just not sure on price to give him for this item.

• HU-377986
    6 years ago

1982 pony need belts

serial number S105232

tiller runs great no belts. I have spent over an hour on the phone with Troy built trying to find the right belts. I am returning the second set they sent me that are wrong. I actually have the original manual for this tiller and it lists the reverse v belt as part number 20557 and the Forward v belt as part 20565 Troy built has no record of those numbers. any help greatly appreciated.

• gator_rider1
    6 years ago

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/vbelt-fwd-drive-p-1331512.html

For forward you need 23 1/2 long and 1/2" wide belt.

• HU-377986
    6 years ago

Thanks...but it is the reverse belt i am having a problem with.

• loger_gw
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Is there more than “One” gator_rider2(z8 Ga.), gator_rider2, + “posters on this
    site. Are they the same gator riders in all post related to Troy Bilt Tillers,
    Harbor Freight Predator Engines and Log Splitters in the “Past”? Names and Dates have caused me to be concerned. Is “The Real Gator_Rider” Well and still contributing?

His Log Splitter support and all supporters were a world of help continuing to
    build a splitter given to me. I will
    fire the splitter soon with Firewood starting to move in Dallas/Fort
    Worth. Splitting On-The-Half Works on our levels.

• gator_rider1
    6 years ago

It all same gator_rider My first was gator_rider1 Lighten came in and took out my computer fry so Best Buy gave new one different serial number are what ever call maybe IP thing so changed Last letter nic so be close to same. I moved to Texas for 5 years and there zone 8TX also. As my computer changes come and web providers changes IP's and window has made some miner changes to my nic last number.

• HU-377986
    6 years ago

Reverse was 3/8 x 23 for me....1982 pony

• loger_gw
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Gator, I feel your Pains! We are getting trees trimmed as we speak (two years overdue from the 7 year trimming pattern). The lack of trimming cost us two Computers, an Oven, Many Surge Protectors and lots of Small Unprotected AC Items due to two110 volt lines making contact. I’ll hope to get a few sticks
    of wood from the Red Oaks and Pecan trees (vs chipping all).

I feel for my trees and neighbor's, they will look a mess then the trimmers finish. They will basically take the line side of the trees off. We over-planted on these small
    lots before the underground AC Service. In many cases they are adding 110/220 insulated lines due to the thick trees in the Old neighborhoods. Plus,
    all underground AC to most new constructions and some remodeled constructions.

Thanks For Continuing Toward Sharing Your Experiences.