Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller

Posted by beeer_2008 (My Page) on
Wed, May 7, 08 at 13:43

I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and Stratton engine. The rear sheild is missing and therefore I do not know the Model Number. I am trying to get ahold of a parts manual and/or owners manual. I need some parts, belts, the rear shield, etc. The Motor Model Number is 130292 Type 3220-01. Can anybody help me with a Model Number, manuals or at least the belt part number?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy Bilt Pony Tiller

Go to-
http://www.m-and-d.com/parts.html
Click the Illustrated parts diagrams online.
Click "Click here for parts look up"

On the menu on the upper left, select-
Troybilt
Pony Tillers

There's quite a few 5HP tillers, but maybe you can narrow yours down?

o

I have a 82' model.

Drive belt is 1/2 inch by 24.
Reverse belt is 3/8 inch by 22. I buy them at ace hardware.

Troybilt numbers..
Drive # is 9201
Reverse # is 9200

I have the same engine number as yours. I also have a pdf parts diagram of my model. Let me know if you want it.

Peace

o

The CODE on the engine is the date IT was built.
YYMMDDzz
If it's original, expect it to be slightly older than the tiller.
Engine IPL's are available from the Briggs site.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/maint_repair/manual_and_more/

o

The Forward belt is a 9201 and is 23 1/2 long and 1/2 wide.
The Reverse belt is a 9200 and is 22 1/2 long and 1/2 wide.

These are TB's numbers.

Hope this helps.

I have a '78 Model

o

I have just purchased a Pony Tiller. The only #'s I can locate are stamped on the case - 79396. I would like to located information/manual on this tiller. M&D's # are all larger. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Gin

o

The SN# is hand stamped on the rear of the transmission on the older Pony's.

Here is the link for the older Manuals, Just use Pony as the model and 1 for SN.

Here is a link that might be useful: TroyBilt Manuals

o

biglumber.. I would love to have that .pdf if you dont mind sending it to me. I am having trouble getting the carb back together and need a diagram to help me out. Let me know..

o

I just got a 79 pony. Oil leak around tines. Where can I buy a oil seal set??
thanks

o

I just bought an old pony, the brigs 5 hp motor has a code of 1993. The exhaust valve was stuck, and previous owner thought motor was blown. I got it to run, but while taking the motor apart, I forgot how the throttle linkage attaches and the kill wire from coil attaches. The briggs site is no help, the correct manual does not show the connection, only the exploded view. Can anyone help?

o

I just bought an old pony, the brigs 5 hp motor has a code of 1993. The exhaust valve was stuck, and previous owner thought motor was blown. I got it to run, but while taking the motor apart, I forgot how the throttle linkage attaches and the kill wire from coil attaches. The briggs site is no help, the correct manual does not show the connection, only the exploded view. Can anyone help?

o

Need help identifing Troy Bilt Pony tiller with serial # S212583 stampin on tail tube. Do not have model #.

o

I only have information up to Jul - 1983 serial #S129028.

With the fifth number being 5. I would think that you have a 1985 Pony III or IV depending on the engine.

S212583

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here