Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

What is this item?

Posted by cmitchell none (My Page) on
Mon, May 13, 13 at 14:07

Does anyone know what this is?
I believe it is an old bean/pea/or grain sorter.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: What is this item?

While much like a soil sifter in nature, because it has a single handle I'm going to guess it is a strainer used to lift fruit/vegetables out of a larger cooking vessel. Items intended for home use were frequently canned at events where several households got together and prepared large batches to conserve time, human energy, and fuel.

Best Wishes--Carl
Atlanta, GA

PS--With my luck, it will turn out to be a pebble counter.--cgc--

RE: What is this item?

Or get the bones out of the chicken soup?

RE: What is this item?

Crackling remover in lard cooking boiler shelter tool.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here