Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Devilbiss GB5000-2 bridge rectifier wiring diagram or description

Posted by dwbdave none (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 13 at 14:12

Melted the bridge rectifier inside my Devilbiss gb5000-2 generator after plugging in a miswired extension cord during our last power outage. The photo above shows two white lead wires leaving the stator windings. One of these white wires is jacketed inside blue painted insulation, the other white wire is inside an unpainted white jacket. I believe these should be the positive and negative wires to the bridge rectifier, the other two wires leaving the stator are yellow and should connect to the AC (~) terminals on the bridge rectifier. I have ordered a replacement bridge rectifier (Devilbiss part GS0767, generic part number 512 GBPC1204), but I need to know the polarity of the two white wires in order to connect it correctly. Devilbiss diagrams for this generator do not even show the rectifier, just the 4 wires leaving the back of the disassembled parts. Anyone out there who can at least take a snapshot of your GB5000 or similar generator with the wires installed? This bridge rectifier or one similar is installed on many Porter Cable, DeWalt, Devilbiss, and other generators. Devilbiss seems to have abandoned their generators, and have obsoleted many of the parts for them as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here