Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ryobi X430 4 cycle (Power Head)

Posted by gladdad (My Page) on
Fri, May 7, 10 at 14:24

I bought an X430 last month. After 12-15 hrs., one muffler bolt shared off and the other won't stay tight. A local "authorized" repairman said to send it back to Ryobi due to the likelihood he'd miss-drill the bolt (looks to be a M4 or M5).

What gives? I thought service centers repaired these things? Also, Ryobi Customer Service said they'd send me the bolts to replace them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ryobi X430 4 cycle (Power Head)

Where did you buy it? If the aurthorized repair guy won't repair it, make it give you statement saying so and take it back for an exchange. Or if you handy you could get the replacement Bolts and locktight them in hoping they will stay tight from the vibration the engine makes providing the thread are good.

What gives? IMO 3rd world labor is cheaper, lacks common mechanical experience, and probably poor training at best than USA. Plus they are probably paying the assembly line workers $1.25 and hour if that?

o
RE: Ryobi X430 4 cycle (Power Head)

Last month, is it over 30 days? if not, and if you got it from box store, return it.

Is the repair center willing to send it back for you? Call the place you bought from and talk to the manager to see whether they let you exchange it even after 30 days, explain the situation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here