Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
homelite leaf blower

Posted by deervalley1 utah (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 08 at 14:52

MY homelite mightylite 26b blower just stop blowing the other day and I can't get it to start now. I followed the cold starting instructions and have oil/gas mixture, checked the spark plug and i have spark. Took off the exhaust to check for plugs. This POS is only a year old and I need some help. Any suggestions or recommendations ?

My wife bought it for me for a present and she said it wasn't much so I would rather get a bigger better blower rather than spend a lot on repairs at a shop.

Thanks in advance !!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: homelite leaf blower

I have not seen one that is worth taking to the shop to repair.

It sounds like a fuel and or air problem if you are getting spark (assuming the coil is good).

For fuel, the filter/lines could be cracked or clogged. The carb could be gummed up.

Worse would be if you had an air leak.

Check that your air filter is not clogged.

o

Before you toss it, check and see if the carb screws are tight. If they are loose it will cause an air leak. I must add that my brother had one that the carb screws were loose which caused it to run lean and when he asked me to repair it,
it had very low compression. He replaced it with an Echo.

Good Luck.

o

Homelite has a 2 year residential warranty.
If it just stopped blowing the fan could have loosened and took out the flywheel key causing the no start.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here