Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage door won't close without multiple tries

Posted by billweng none (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 15:22

7yr old Chamberlain Liftmaster door won't close without multiple tries. Both sensor lights seem align fine, with steady lights on. LED on the motor does not lit, flashes couple of time upon re-press the button on remote. Manual lift/close the door is sooth, too.

Any idea what the problem is? I do observe that the lamp on the motor flicks if the door is opening or closing. Thx.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage door won't close without multiple tries

Could be the sun hitting the sensor at a direct angle. Mine does that at certain times of the day once or twice a year.

o

Sun is not the issue, it acts the same if I try it in the dark.

o

Have you manually opened and closed the door to see if it is feeling some restriction (from lack of maintenance, oil/adjustments, foundation shifting and Etc.??? Does it have the same problem opening (multiple tries)?

o

Replaced sensors, wires, none of them fix the issue. Finally replaced the logic board and it works just like before. Yeah!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here