Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why you should buy an Electric Power Washer

Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 15:33

Hi Folks,

Finally got around to power washing my deck using a 1600 PSI electric. Deck hadn't been touched since I built it about 9 years ago, so it was definitely "due." The electric did a reasonable job, slower than the big gas driven ones I'm used to, but it does work.

I was out there "doing my thing" and "the boss" wandered out and said "that looks like fun, can I try it?" Long story short, she decided that she did a better job than I did and she took over. Guess it's classified as "cleaning" and "men can't clean." :-)

So, true story, see if it sounds interesting to you.

Critically speaking, the electric would only clean a path about an inch and a half wide which is why I said it's slower, but for the price....

Ev

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why you should buy an Electric Power Washer

Yah, Marina bought a Karcher with about the same pressure. I dont think it weighs 20 lbs. I thought it was a cheap POS, but It is quite effective. It also doesnt beat up the wood as much as the gas unit I rented.

o
RE: Why you should buy an Electric Power Washer

Again, don't run it without water pressure on the unit. The diaphram will quickly heat up without water supply. Same goes for gas model pumps. ALso the gas model pumps have oil cavity. This oil should be checked and changed anually or sooner depending on how many hours you use the pressure washer. Expense or cheap users attention to details and pre-ventive maintenance it the key for longivity

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here