Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Husqvarna won't run

Posted by trevor1944 tx (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 11 at 15:44

My Husqvarna rancher 55 just started to choke down and suddenly just quit running. Saw is only a few years old and not used that often. It had been running just fine till this time.
After checking out saw I found that the piston and ring were damaged. I replaced the piston and ring but then all I could get the saw to do was idle. When you accerlated it would die. I couldn't find anything else wrong so I took it to a lawnmower repair center and they said the carberator needed to be replaced. I installed a new carberator and still won't start and now won't even idle. I thought that I didn't have a spark and took it again to the lawnmower shop and they put a light between plug and coil and about every 3 or 4 pulls it would spark. They said they couldn't explain why it wasn't sparking on every pull.
What I've already done:
Replaced head and ring
New tank gas filter
New spark plug
New carberator

Any suggestions as to cause,,,,,,,,,could it be a partially defective coil ( not sparking on each pull )
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,,,,,,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Husqvarna won't run

well, I would think it should be sparking on every pull if the switch is on, the switch is good, wires to and from the switch are good, good ground, and of course the coil. Probably need to try to do compression check also see if it's got enough compression to run with load on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here