Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
exmar

Yet another reason not to cut wet grass

Hi Folks,

I'm rabid about not cutting wet grass for all the reason we know, damage to lawn, need to remove deck and get all the crud out, etc. etc. It's rained so much here in SE Ohio that I finally had no choice but to cut grass while it was wet. It was obviously taller than usual and the end result looked pretty sloppy, but was no longer approaching a foot in height! Put the front of the tractor up on blocks and scraped all the crud out. I've got a vented deck on the GT and the vents were plugged absoloutely solid. I surmise that the vents plugged within the first few minutes of mowing which accounts for the really sloppy result. When I say plugged solid, I'm talking a screwdriver to pry the crap out. Oh well, maybe it'll stop raining sometime. Forecast here is rain every day till friday.

With all this excess grass, I finally broke down and ordered a lawn sweeper from amazon, agrifab, 42", $229 delivered. Not top of the line, but OK to use in the spring. Just sharing,

Happy May Day to y'all! I bought my fishing boat on May 1, and my wife immediately christened it "MAYDAY" which I put across the transom. We know what it means, but get some raised eyebrows at launch ramps....:-)

Ev

Comments (5)