Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
exmar

Yet another reason not to cut wet grass

Hi Folks,

I'm rabid about not cutting wet grass for all the reason we know, damage to lawn, need to remove deck and get all the crud out, etc. etc. It's rained so much here in SE Ohio that I finally had no choice but to cut grass while it was wet. It was obviously taller than usual and the end result looked pretty sloppy, but was no longer approaching a foot in height! Put the front of the tractor up on blocks and scraped all the crud out. I've got a vented deck on the GT and the vents were plugged absoloutely solid. I surmise that the vents plugged within the first few minutes of mowing which accounts for the really sloppy result. When I say plugged solid, I'm talking a screwdriver to pry the crap out. Oh well, maybe it'll stop raining sometime. Forecast here is rain every day till friday.

With all this excess grass, I finally broke down and ordered a lawn sweeper from amazon, agrifab, 42", $229 delivered. Not top of the line, but OK to use in the spring. Just sharing,

Happy May Day to y'all! I bought my fishing boat on May 1, and my wife immediately christened it "MAYDAY" which I put across the transom. We know what it means, but get some raised eyebrows at launch ramps....:-)

Ev

Comments (5)

• ewalk
    12 years ago

EX: Congrats on the new boat . Just finished replacing the hubs and bearings on my boat trailer yesterday . Got a great deal from Northern Equipment . Three more weeks till the opening of Walleye Season up North here . Have been down to camp twice , once for smelts and the other just clean up . Lots of rain here also recently , but forcast for sun most of next week with temps in the mid 50's to low 60's . Spring is finally up North also lol :>) .

• exmar zone 7, SE Ohio
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey ewalk I knew I liked you, you're up north!! I used to go to Canada fishing every spring for 7-10 days depending on when Walleye season opened. I lived in Oswego, NY at the time (Salmon River, Oswego River, big fish) and we used to laugh as we drove north pulling boats at all the Canadians driving south pulling boats....Grass is greener I guess. We used to go to the Ottowa River and wind drift over reefs, bottom bouncing for Walleye. Great memories!!!

Ev

• ewalk
    12 years ago

Yeah fished just North West of Ottawa in a small villiage within Quebec . A friend of mine invited me up to his Brother's Fishing Camp . It was an former Farm with a Diesel Generator for electricity and a Old Barn and Utility Bld which he used for storage of his Tractor and Quad . The farm hse was a 2-story conventional 7 bedroom farm house back when families were large lol . The lake was just over 2 miles long and about 1/4 mile wide . Only one entrance to the lake which was right past his homestead. The gate was always locked so the Pike and Bass (largemouth) and Perch (jumbo) where captive to us . What a Paradis for a
    fishing trip . This lake had absolutely no fishing pressure to speak of . Pike over 20 lbs and Bass around 8-12 lb where normal and Perch over 1-1/2 lbs routine . Nothing beats a Northern Spring fed lake for Great Fishing ! Unfortunately no Walleye . Did get some Big Eyes within the National Park just West of Valdor on the way up though , just casting from shore off Highway 11 lol .

• exmar zone 7, SE Ohio
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I take back what I said earlier, I now don't like you. Neither does anyone else who fishes and reads your last post..... :-)
    Ev

• ewalk
    12 years ago

ROFLMBO...Oh ok did I mentioned it Rained a Lot !