Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aeroller lawn aerator

Posted by fredbarber z4 CO & z6 MA (My Page) on
Thu, May 21, 09 at 15:55

I recently ran across a website describing the Aeroller lawn aerator attachment for rototillers. Has anyone on this forum ever seen it in real life? Used it? I'd be using it with a Honda F401 mid-tine tiller.

(For those who might be suspicious, I'm not a shill for the company, I'm just a homeowner curious about the thing. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Aeroller web site

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aeroller lawn aerator

My brother has one and it works well...so he says...check out this link...seen it on ebay
run a search on ebay for it and you can view it on many other brands of tillers also.
http://lawn-aerator-attachment.com/Honda_F220.wmv

o

That looks a little risky to me, there are chances of it running away (getting out of control) and that it will be a constant strain on your arms from the bumps when it digs a hole and comes out, I'd recommend that you try a mechanical aerator from a construction equipment rental companies, that will do a better job at this.

o

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 31, 11 at 8:00

IMHO that looks like it would do a reasonable job provided you don't mind the damage it does to the gear case of the machine. You're adding 20 pounds additional weight hanging off the gear case on each side which the original designers never considered.

I'd just rent an aerator and drag it around behind your tractor while mowing.

Good luck,

Ev

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here