Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Primer Bulb not Refilling w Fuel

Posted by comish4lif (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 12 at 16:20

I have a Cub Cadet 3075 String Trimmer. The primer bulb wasn't refilling with fuel in a normal manner. So, I replaced the primer bulb and found that the fuel line had corroded into piece in the gas tank. I got the pieces out and replaced the incoming and outgoing fuel lines and the filter stone on the intake.

However, same problem, the primer bulb doesn't refill. What should I fix/replace next.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Primer Bulb not Refilling w Fuel

1. Could you have gotten the lines crossed on the bulb? Do you feel a suction that would suck fuel?
2. Did you check the ports on the bulb for restriction? One side should pull and the other pushes fuel.
3. Did you check your tank�s fuel filter for restriction by removing it off the line?

I just experienced the same problem and the bulb actually showed signs of a vacuum. Plus, it would not fill until I cleaned the filthy screen inside the carb. This is very easy with compressed carb cleaner or "Low" compressed air if there is no varnish (with air pressure pushing the screen "in" vs out or it might come out). If help is needed, I have seen good "YouTubs Etc carb rebuilding" and good text instructions online.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here