Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chipper/shredder won't start!

Posted by takadi 7 (My Page) on
Mon, May 2, 11 at 16:38

I just recently bought a chicago electric chipper/shredder off of craigslist. I paid quite a good amount for it considering it was used. It worked perfectly for the first few days. After a rain, the leaves were a little wet, so when I put them in, the chipper got clogged and the blades got stuck. I turned it off and cleaned it out. But now, when I try to turn it back on again, it doesn't work! I am seriously PO'd

All I can do for troubleshooting is press the circuit breaker button and turn it off and on. I have no idea how to fix this thing. I think I might have blown a fuse. I did not realize what a piece of junk this thing was.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chipper/shredder won't start!

Okay, so I need to edit this. It doesn't start, but only SOMETIMES. I changed it to a different outlet and it started. However, when I took it back to the same extension cord I used before, it didn't start. I used another one and it started. Then it got clogged again so I stopped it to clean it out. When I went to start it again, it didn't work. Changed the outlet but with the same extension cord. Didn't work.

So for some reason or another, the machine keeps "blowing out" the extension cord. I have no idea what is going on here

o

Okay I think I figured it out. There is a safety feature on this where you need to screw on the bolt that fastens the lid together to complete the circuit. Yeesh, how anticlimactic

o

unplug the unit from its power source and turn the electric motor by hand a few degrees press the reset plug in and try again.good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here