Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Montgomery Ward Tiller Model #GIL-1530A Manual

Posted by lescat WA-8 (My Page) on
Mon, May 17, 10 at 16:45

Need a manual for MW model # GIL 1530A Tiller serial # 27X01734 Tried to get info from rustytiller.com but can't get it to find tech page all I get is sponsered links ect. Help!!! Thanx Cat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Montgomery Ward Tiller Model #GIL-1530A Manual

Here's the closest I can find; take a look, maybe there are only superficial differences between this one and yours.

Did you do a Forum search on Wards Gilson Tiller? This issue has been hashed out repeatedly through the years - if you'll do the search, then go through each post, you might find somebody who has the manual.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wards tiller manuals

o

Thank you for your followup I found out that it is a 1972 Montgomery Ward tiller it's front tined. I haven't seen a listing yet for the GIL-1530A anywhere. What happened to Rustytiller.com??? Again thank you for your help. Cat

o

Your tiller is actually a Gilson, which is long-gone; however, it was acquired by Lawn Boy, which is still around, but I don't know who owns it. Find a Lawn Boy dealer and see if he can help. And don't restrict your internet searches to Wards.

o

Thank you!

o

Those old Gilson front tine tillers were pretty simple. What do you need to know? My father had a Mongomery Ward version in the early 60's. Did a nice job but the worm gear was a problem after a few years. I still have a 1971 Gilson, (Western Auto Wizard) chain drive. Much more durable than the worm gear drive. Both have standard Briggs engines so for engine problems go the engine manufacturer. If you looking for gearbox seals , bearings etc. good luck.

o

Need a manual for MW GIL-1530A 1972 front tine gear drive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here