Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaf blowers

Posted by newhomeowner-2009 Catskills (My Page) on
Fri, May 7, 10 at 16:49

So I've decided to bite the bullet and buy a leaf blower. Better late than never I guess. I sure need one.

I've got about an acre to clear of leaves, most of it lawn. Also pine cones, miscellaneous branches. I imagine that a gas powered one would probably be the best.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaf blowers

ONe Acre?!!, Get a back pack!!! A big one at that. Look at Kawasaki KRB750 if it is below $400 to $420. Shindaiwa EB802 for about $450. Dolmar/Makita 75cc 4 cycles about the same price.

If you really really want to be cheap, Husqvarna 150Bt if you can still get it. I still see it in Lowes for $299. That would be the min. I would go. Don't be cheap and get the hand held.......Not for an acre. I have and I always believe in hand held blowers, just not for you. But if you really really are so cheap, Husqvarna 125 hand held for $149 in OSH. But don't say I did not warn you.

o

Thanks, and I see that the Kawasaki is available for $389 plus $23 shipping. But I was hoping to get one that could vacuum too, for composting and so forth.

My property is about 1 1/2 acres, but the leaf buidup is in certain specific areas. So I extremely worried about the weight, though I admit a backpack is preferable.

o

There is no back pack blower that do vac. I had looked into this because I can use one myself. All people advice against getting those hand held with shred and vac. They are only good if you want to vac in flower beds, not useful for vacuuming a lot of leaves at all.

It is very tiring to hold a hand held for long period of time. I have both and I know.

I have the equiv. of Kawi. I have the Maruyama BL8100 which is the exact same as KRB750. I like it a lot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here