Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echo PB-413H blower dies when throttle applied

Posted by sassman55 OK (My Page) on
Tue, May 4, 10 at 17:02

I have an Echo PB-413H blower and this blower was working great but all of a sudden I can't keep the engine running past a fast idle. When I try to accelerate the engine it makes a deep throaty sound, almost like the choke is on, and dies. I have changed the fuel filter, air filter, replace the spark plug, taken the carb apart and cleaned it, replaced the fuel line from the tank to the carb - everything I can think of but no luck. It starts and idles great, but when I go to give it throttle, it dies. This problem seemed to happen all of a sudden - one day it was working the next it had a problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echo PB-413H blower dies when throttle applied

You take out the muffler and check for carbon build up blocking the exhaust? Clean the spark arrestor screen on the muffler?

When you took the carb apart, did you use force air to blower dry the parts?

o
RE: Echo PB-413H blower dies when throttle applied

Might first thought is a vacuum leak, all the jug and crank case cover screws are tight right? second thought how about compression? Blowers can wear out and engine quickly, takes alot of torque to blow air. after that MY guess would be carb. diaphramn gone south. Might try a new 8 dollar carb. kit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here