Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cordless hedge trimmer?

Posted by jon1 (My Page) on
Wed, May 19, 10 at 17:34

Is there any company that makes a cordless hedge trimmer that is decent quality? Im looking for one with a Lithium battery.
I have a problem with gas models as it doesnt get used that much as its hard to run when I want to use them. They sit 99.9% of the time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cordless hedge trimmer?

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Wed, May 19, 10 at 20:55

No, the cordless models are very light duty only useful for moderate trimming. They generally do not have much power, unfortunately for electric tools, more power equals more weight and cost. Little Wonder is arguably the best electric on the market, however it is corded.

o

Cordless hedge trimmer has it's usefulness. But it is not good for real trimming. I have a small craftsman for touch up and is very useful.

To me, it is the blade more of a problem than power. I have not seen any with due moving blades, all are one stationary and only one moving up and down. For power, you can get away with those 18V motor, it really don't need a lot of power.

This can also be said about the cheap gas trimmer, the blade is the problem. If you can find one with good blades, you might be in luck. I don't have a lot of knowledge on cordless, just my 2 cents that the blade is the most important.

o

I have found on-line that Bosch makes a cordless hege trimmer that runs off the 36v battery. It looks well built to. But I dont think they sell them in America.
I most likly woulnt use it more than a hour a year, so it sits a lot. thats the problem with gas motors.

o

You don't need to have high voltage. I think if you stay with shorter blades, even 18V to 24V will have enough power. The gear box always have reduction gear to increase the torque. My little Craftsman is only like 3.6V and it is pretty strong. Just concentrate on the blades as I said before.

If you can take a corded one, Little Wonder is a true twin moving blade.

http://littlewonder.com/lw-trimmers_double_edge.asp

This is a site I found that have a lot of cordless hedge trimmer, go do some research concentrate on the blade, 18V is plenty.

http://www.cordlesshedgetrimmer.net/

o

Anyone have any experience with the Worx like of trimmers?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here