Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nashville13

Kohler 8hp Engine Diagnosis

Nashville13
9 years ago

Don't know if this is the right message board as in my google searches I haven't noted the forum title, only that it was on the Gardenweb site.

I have a Troybilt Horse Rototiller with the 8hp Kohler gas engine. It has served me reliably for years, but has sat idle the last two. In an attempt to get it up and running I found the carburetor bowl was bone dry and only had sediment. If anyone has any advice on how to fix this, or if I need to post this to another forum here, please let me know.

More details: I have already drained the gas tank, cleaned and reinstalled, filled with fresh fuel. I have blown out all lines, and been able to get fresh fuel from the tank to the last part of the line that attaches to the carb. I have also cleaned the carb out and found no blockage within it. If I add a few drops of gasoline to the carb, or the spark plug hole, or even use a spray of Starter fluid, I can get the motor to kick on and run until it is that material burns off. But it appears to not be able to sustain a flow of gasoline. Any and all advice is welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Comments (3)