Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joshuaace

Snow blower or keep atv?

joshuaace
9 years ago

I have a polaris atv with snowplow and we recently moved to a smaller property where I have no use for the atv except for plowing my drive. Otherwise it will sit almost all year round. I am thinking about buying a snowblower and selling the atv (the extra cash would be handy now). I could sale the atv for around 4k and get a good snowblower for 1000 or less.

My drive is concrete and is 185' long by 20 feet wide (the first 30' from the house) then tapers to 11' wide for the rest of it. It is fairly flat except for a gradual slope the last 30 feet to the road. Also have a 20x20 turn around/parking area by house. We typically get snows in the 2-8 inch range with 1-2 larger snows owe year maybe. So I've never used a snow blower and was wondering if a drive this size is manageable with one? How long would it take with a 4-6 inch snow? How much physical exertion is involved in operating one of these things? Am I going to give myself a heart attack straining in the cold? Is it something my wife could do if I wasn't home?

Comments (4)