Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What would you do?

Posted by andyma z6%3FMA (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 13 at 19:29

The last few winters I have been struggling with the Tecumseh 7 HP s on my trio of Ariens 24 " snow blowers. I spend more time tinkering with the darn things , than I do blowing snow. I am tempted to find a modern day replacement engine. Subaru Robin sell a snow blower optioned 7 hp for I'm guessing around 400 $. A real good industrially rated engine. It comes with a 120 vac starter too

Something Chinese for 1/3 the $ ?
Rebuild the Tecumseh ?
Buying a new snow blower not an option. The Ariens' were made with metal here in the USA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What would you do?

Maybe it is a good time to look for an off season deal from a wholesaler. The 20P414 1" crank is on promo if'n you'd like a Briggs w/ electric start.

o

Harbor Freight Predator engines are great...you can get the 212cc for less than 100 bucks out the door with an online coupon...

o

• Posted by ericwi Dane County WI (My Page) on
    Mon, May 20, 13 at 11:33

What? Give up on the Tecumsehs? But, you're almost there! By now, you must know more about these engines than the people who designed and manufactured them! We have an Ariens snowblower with an OHV Tecumseh that must be one of the last units manufactured here in the USA. It starts on the first pull, every time. I might have a different opinion if it was giving me problems...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here