Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Pressure Washer Parts

Posted by dapro (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 07 at 21:08

I have been on sears website, looked at the parts explosion and there is no number for this part that is toasted on my hardly used washer...

Craftsman Model 580.752310
6.75 Horse
2450 psi
2.0 gpm

I pulled this washer out about a month ago, changed all the oil and cleaned it up from winter storage, I used it for about 2 hours to hose of my decks, worked great...no problems

I let my father-in-law use it and he had problem off the bat, the washer would idle fine, but once you pulled the trigger it would bog down and die, he said he tried it a few time before giving up...

I pulled the pump today and took it apart, only to find a bearing in pieces, and no part # listed in the book or on sears website, my next step is to call them tomorrow or take it to the service center...but my father loves this website so I figured I'd ask here first...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Pressure Washer Parts

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Sun, May 6, 07 at 22:52

Is there a manufacturer name and model # on the pump?

o

A 580 is a Generac

o

I contacted Sear Service Center today, they said if it's not on the parts explosion then they can't get the part, I have to take it to them and pay them $30 + to send it to dallas so a tech can look at it, there will be an hourly bench charge and price for parts, the last one they sent off took 2 weeks to get back and the guy paid just over $200, so I am checking ebay, I have seen a few complete pumps for about $60, so I think I will go that route before spending half of what I paid for it, I'm very ticked at Sears, up until now I loved Sears Craftsman...oh well

o

Is there a dealer that services Generac in your area?

o

I just got off the phone with 2 generac service centers close to me, they both said I would have to bring it in cause generac doesn't say either, the parts explosion in the generac pressure washer that uses the same pump has the same pic...this is hopeless, so I guess I will take a trip and go see one of these service centers about a bearing...thanks for all your help...

o

I had a similar problem with my Sears pressure washer. I just replaced the pump itself . It was a lot less hassle than trying to go through sears to get the parts and way more cheaper than trying to go through sears to replace the pump. I ordered a new pump through http://www.pressureparts.com/Pumps-C-ARpumps-Pressure-Part-RMW2G23-B.aspx and it cost about $140. It seems to be a better pump than the original. It is rated higher Psi than the original. For what sears wanted for a new pump I could have added some money to it and purchased a new (non-sears) pressure washer. My pump works just fine and I have not had any problems with it at all.

o

Wobble plate pumps like that are rarely salvageable once they grenade. The parts and labor to fix them is way more than a new pump.

As was said, find yourself a new pump that has the same mountings. It is a good idea to get a pump at least one size, or quality level, up from what you had. These pumps will last a lot longer if you are not running right at max rated output and pressure. Of course, on new units they run them full out to get good specs for selling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here