Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy-Built 4 Cycle Temps Cyclo Big Red TB575SS on the curb

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 21:12

Why would a Troy-Built 4 Cycle Temps Cyclo Big Red TB575SS be on the curb full of gas with screws removed tapped to it?

1. I got the trimmer thinking it was a 2 Cycle Blues initially "but d/n need a big challenge". LOL
2. My friend uses all the equipment or recycles all the scrap I'll take him.
3. I felt compression, saw a spark, it fired on a prime, int carb was spotless.
4. What is a common problem with this trimmer before I invest more time in it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy-Built 4 Cycle Temps Cyclo Big Red TB575SS on the curb

Near as i can figger, somebody with two left feet was probably messing with it, and got it all gooberred up. If you can't figger it out, take it to somebody who is smart about this stuff, and let him figger it out! Might get yerself a good machine! RJ

o
RE: Troy-Built 4 Cycle Temps Cyclo Big Red TB575SS on the curb

The Trimmer Is Working WOT! Searching for causes of No High Throttle, I found two good rational reasons (since the engine would idle or burn off a prime at higher throttle).

1. Vacuum in the fuel tank starving the engine of fuel allowed it to work by leaving the cap loose.
2. The other good option was a bad diaphragm due to ethanol fuel (an inspection d/n dictate).
3. There's no carb adjustment that ruled out the usual carb adjustment possibilities.
4. I still need info on how low compression sys works, I'm Old School, We Had Compression!

Info found at: http://www.fixya.com/support/t2345011-troy_bilt_trimmer_model_tb575ss_no

Good Luck With Your Experimenting And Adapting!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here