Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unusual hoe: ID?

Posted by blueberrier1 6 (My Page) on
Sat, May 8, 10 at 22:56

Years ago my Dad bought a farm sale 5' hoe with a 12" long blade mounted at its midpoint perpendicular to the handle. One blade tip is 2" wide, the other 1.5" wide. The 12" long 'blade' has a center hole that fits over the hoe end tip similar to the way a pickax fits. When the hoe is stood upside down, it appears to be an uppercase "T."

No labels remain. The metal does not appear handforged. This is my favorite hoe. It fits easily between all plants and weeding is a breeze with either a pushing or pulling action.

Looked through several hundred hoe images, and could not find this. Several folks want this cloned-so anyone's info is welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unusual hoe: ID?

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Sun, May 9, 10 at 11:51

A picture would help.

o

Blueberrier -

Sounds like some sort of collinear hoe. I included a link to one sold by Johnny's

Here is a link that might be useful: Johnny's collinear hoe

o

Sounds more like a light-weight mattock of some kind. There is a tremendous variety of "eye hoes" out there.

o

If this is what you are describing, they were sold in every general store and hardware store as garden hoes 50 years ago. use to have 3 or 4 of them. Rarely ever use one anymore. Several companies made them including True Temper.
Garden Hoe 1. Garden Hoe

o

farmerdilla, your picture is great! My hoe blade is attached as your pictured hoe; however, mine has blades that are thinner/lighter weight. I do have the collinear hoe (E. Coleman's), but it does not outshine this OLD hoe in efficiency.

Am hoping to acquire 'picture' skills soon.

farmerdilla, your crops are amazing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here