Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pressure Washer - will not release pressure?

Posted by thespaugh (My Page) on
Sat, May 30, 09 at 23:35

I pulled apart and lubed the unloader valve on my Karcher pressure washer per the instructions I've seen on this site but it didn't fix my problem. When I release the trigger the pressure will not drop off and water comes flowing out the unloader - the engine bogs down and almost stalls - I end up having to shut it off. Any ideas what might be the problem???

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pressure Washer - will not release pressure?

Hey thanks guys for all the info on lubing the uploader valve.I have had the same problem for years on my Karcher /Costco pressure washer.Once again I started it up and had no pressure,. I followed the instructions to lube and reinstall the valve and voila it worked great and I used my machine all afternoon.This was after being told that it was a piece of junk and should be replaced by still another small motor repair shop.

o

Thanks so much. I pulled it apart, greased the uploader valve and it is working great

o

Anybody know where the unloader valve is on this Karcher power washer? See several views of it at the link below.

It is not unloading, it kills the engine when you release the trigger. Works good until then, lots of pressure. Thanks for any help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Power Washer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here