dose any1 know where I can find a shop manuel for this
machine ? I have to do a carb clean ! I dont want
to disasemble any unnessacary parts!
Thanks Codger (Al )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sthil fs 36 weed whaker

You just need a big flat tip screwdriver to rmove the air
filter cover, and a t-27 torx driver to remove the two carb screws and the other 4 cover screws that hold the outer cover on, and you can get the carb right off.

o

"a t-27 torx driver to remove the two carb screws and the other 4 cover screws"

Can someone, anyone, tell me why they choose to use a t-27? My Echo trimmer also has t-27 screwa. I have loads of bits and drivers in t-25 and t-30, but had a heck of a time finding a t-27 in my tool collection. Is t-27 the perfect size application or did some engineer just choose this size for yucks?

o

Thanks guys ! That guy who picked T27 Is having a giggle
The problem was finding 1 long enough, but the task was done & all is well. purring like a new kitten!
this is the first time it has bobbled since new(97) maybe
time to invest in a new spake plug ?
Later ,,,, Codger01 (al)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here