Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echo SRM 225 string trimmer- put gas in it?

Posted by tom_nwnj z6 NJ (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 4:50

I had an Echo SRM 210 for 15 years. Put at least 1,000 hours on it. But I started have carb problems for two seasons now (probably the ethanol killed it).

Anyway, I just got a SRM 225. Very nice, but the gas tank is set at a crazy angle (probably some new OSHA rule). Hard to fill it when it is laying down. Is there a trick to putting gas in this thing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echo SRM 225 string trimmer- put gas in it?

I looked at two starts of Echo SRM 225 youtubs and could see your concern. My only two suggestions are probably what you are doing to ease the situation.

1. Use a gas container with a flexing extension nozzle to assist fueling on the ground.

2. Elevate the motor while the head is on the ground to get a better fueling position.

Good Luck!

o

Thanks for that loger.

You can see, not really possible to fuel it while on the ground. Either lean it on a 45 degree, or maybe OSHA wants to make fueling it into a two person job. Either way, very difficult to see if the tank is getting full. So maybe they do want a second person standing there.

Notice same crazy stuff with all new gas cans (no vent holes). I have pretty much given up on it with my large diesel ZTR. I just take the spout off, and pour the 5 gallons right into a large funnel, and into the gas tank. Then it is done.

o

So fortunate to live in the Great White north lol . Don,t yet have the Osha Regulated issues within fuel containers . Tom: Your new Echo is styled very similar as my New Toro Commercial Straight shaft unit . Using Logers flexible spout design and your pictured positioning I fill my unit which has the banana fuel tank configuration also . Usually refill on my work bench or porch area outside prior to reusage after a cool down period lol .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here