Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
decornovice_gw

Cordless Trimmer Recommendations: Black and Decker v. Ryobi?

decornovice
12 years ago

Hi. I'm new to gardenweb but have lurked for awhile in the home forums. I am not a gardener and have had basic lawn maintenance done for me over the years because I don't have the proper tools. I'm lurking to learn and gain confidence ! Presently, I am looking to get a weed whacker and would like it to be lightweight and reliable. Worx gt hasn't gotten favorable reviews on this site. I am looking to purchase a reasonably priced cordless model. Also, I'm wondering whether ryobi or black and decker is a more reliable garden tool brand, generally. (Which brand would be a better overall investment for "sharing" capabilities down the road) As for this purchase, I am looking at the 18v lithium trimmer/edgers: black and decker LST 1018 and the 18v. lithium ryobi. I like the idea that the ryobi has a battery that is interchangeable w/ other ryobi tools for possible future purchases. (Black and Decker has that for their NiCad cordless equipment, but I don't see that for LITHIUM tools.) However,some reviewers have complained that the trigger/start mechanism on the ryobi has a trigger lock which kicks in whenever the machine is stopped in progress and it becomes annoying while trimming? Any suggestions would be welcomed ! Thanks.

Comments (2)