Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brian_ca

Montgomery Ward - Gilson Tiller

brian_ca
17 years ago

Good morning,

I am in need of a manual and parts for a Montgomery Ward tiller. Model number GIL 39012B. Also trying to find out when it was built.

Thank for any help.

Brian

Comments (15)

• bill_kapaun
    17 years ago

Good luck on your search!

IF the engine is original, you can get a pretty good idea of the year built from the engine date code.

• Don_
    17 years ago

When Montgomery Wards went belly up Sears took over all their maintenance agreements and service. You might give them a try.

• bweber2k_hotmail_com
    17 years ago

That Wards model was made by Gilson. Manuals are available from Toro at $6 + change. I just bought one 8)
    http://www.toro.com/ I ran across on the net that Toro boughtout Gilson and Lawnboy in the eigthies.

• da_frugal_gardener
    17 years ago

Brian-

I have a model GIL-39007A tiller and have the manual. I would send it to you if you need it. Just send me an e mail: kenverkest at comcast net

• johne2008
    16 years ago

Good day everyone!

I have just bought an old gilson rear tine tiller. It is model # 51134 45917 and had no engine or belts with it.
    Does anyone out there own one of these beauties, or know anything about the engine that was originally or it and the belt/pulley setup?
    Can I buy a copy of a manual on this machine?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Regards John

• willy-1965
    14 years ago

Good Morning

I would like to follow Johne2008's request. I also purchased a Gilson 51134 45917 yesterday, while this tiller appears complete and runs, it does need some TLC. I would very much appreciate purchasing a manual any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and have a great day.
    Willy

• dairyladydsing7
    13 years ago

I also purchased a Gilson rototiller with the same model number as you Willy.Model # 51134 45917. Were you ever able to find an owners manual? I am looking for one. Any info you could pass on would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Deena

• gr8tolook
    13 years ago

I recently inherited a Montgomery Ward PowrKraft rear tine tiller from my dad. It is model #GIL 39032D with a 5 h.p. Briggs & Stratton engine. I was able to find belts for this tiller but I would like to find an owner's manual or a factory repair manual that would show me how to change oils and lube necessary points on it. I also would like info on parts and how they go together. Anyone have manuals or know where to locate one? I am willing to pay for one or for copies etc. Thanks

• tjburnette1961_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I am looking for manual on Glson#51134. I picked this up and it needs some pulley replaced and some other TLC. If you find anything please let me know.

• mclassic68_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I have a 8 horse 1978 Montgomery wards rear tine tiller.
    I need a triple pulley for it.
    If anyone knows where to buy the parts, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

• daniel_mcmillen_comcast_net
    12 years ago

I have a copy of a manual for a GIL 39012B Montgomery Ward Tiller. I could scan it and send to you if you send me you email.

The guy i got it from gave me his Reciept - But was not from Montgomery Wards.His receipt is from Aug, 1998.

• ccicorp
    12 years ago

I have quite a bit of Montgomery Ward parts for a 39012B. Feel free to contact me.

• racingshelby
    11 years ago

I HAVE A GILSON TILLR MOD.#51134-45917 SER.#799 WITH 5 HP. BRIGGS & STRATTON ENG. NEED MANUL OR ANY INFO. THANK KEN

• Greg Goyeneche
    11 years ago

Hard to help you if you don't enable the email feature.

• HU-583648667
    3 years ago

I am looking for a gas tank for a gilson front tine tiller, model # g1l 1580 E. Anybody know where I can find one?