Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stihl ms250 won't stop!

Posted by daikaiju200 nc (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 27, 09 at 8:41

Hi,
My above chainsaw has lost something off the choke-off switch. There is a black wire with female lug connector flopping around inside cover. This should short to another brass terminal inside cover and kill-stop engine. I assume missing piece was attached to switch shaft somewhere? Can not find diagram of what has been lost anywhere on net. Anybody know what has fallen out, or have web address of a picture of that switch assembly?
Thanks
Kevin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stihl ms250 won't stop!

Take it to your Stihl dealer.

o
RE: Stihl ms250 won't stop!

Just dropped my 250 and lost the stop function because the black wire got disconnected from something.
Found this video of a complete assembly of the 250 showing the connector and fixture. Nice :)
http://www.small-engine-repair-pro.com/engine-repair/repair-of-stihl-ms250-chainsaw-part-3-of-4

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here