Tue, Jun 15, 10 at 9:02

I am looking for a good nail gun and i have stopped on one of the 2 choice:
1) Construction Coil Nailer (CN45)
2) Coil Nailer (CN80)

What would you say?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nail gun Selection

I'd say: You aren't making the shed large enough! Double the size, and it will take twice as long to stuff it with all kinds of things! Might even have room fer a lawn mower or small lawn tractor! BTDT!
As for the nailer, buy a reputable brand, not one of those cheapie things. They will haunt yer purse, every time you hammer in another nail with yer claw hammer!
Sage advice, with tongue in cheek, by Rusty Jones

o

If you are serious about getting a good nail gun I'd take a read through this article.

Tools of the Trade Nail Gun Review

The best written article I have seen on nail guns. Or you can browse through what FH has to say:

Fine Homebuilding Nailers Articles

o

I would think a coil nailer would be on the heavy side fully loaded, and not really necessary to build a shed. However a coil nailer would be preferred for working on the roof. I have a Porter cable FR350A round head nailer. It holds around 50 nails in the clip. I'm had zero jams and its built two sheds and a basement. Its not the best gun available, buts its a great value. Whichever gun you decide, make sure there is a big selection of nails available at your local homecenter otherwise you'll have to order nails and I bet shipping will be expensive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here