Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are the Echo Trimmer's “Tapered Idle Adjustment Screw” a Stan

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 10:04

Are the Echo Trimmer's PE2000, HCA 2400, Etc “Tapered Idle Adjustment Screw” a Standard dia and thread? Or! Is this not a standard thread and they can be close but w/n exchange? One screw example is attached. Standard as standard metric or etc or I have some threads that appears they should mate but will not.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are the Echo Trimmer's “Tapered Idle Adjustment Screw” a

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 14:51

It's probably a M4 X .70 or something close. Look on Fastenal.com

o

I attempted to match a metric tap with the idle screw hole. Not having any luck, I decided to use my surplus metric screws to see if one would fit. The first thing I saw was the carb part and idle screw in the attachment. How lucky Or Forgetful! LOL. I felt I had used that part and screw. Now I remember the part came off a non Echo with a thrown rod that I saved some parts and screws from.

The first and only rod case I have seen. After I c/n get the piece of rod off the crank I parted it quick vs wanting that challenge from that gift. The straight long stick was an ideal fit for the Echo PE 2000 motor.

The Heat Is Slowing My Fun. BUT! I did get a good load of Green Red Oak Tues from a major limb (50 yrs old) due to rot from poor trimming. I was so proud to leave the approx 12”+ dia major limb and took the 8”- 4” dia limbs cut off the major (to put the major on the ground). My body is teaching me.

o

Loger most Trimmers have either Zama , Keihien or Walbro carbs so quite often metering screws are interchangeable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here