Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echo GT 2000 no rpm

Posted by pimpeck (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 27, 10 at 10:10

I have an Echo Gt 2000 trimmer that was given to me. I've got the thing to go to idle spee or a hair above but when squeezing the throttle the engine rpms will not increase. what do I need to look for?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echo GT 2000 no rpm

The fuel line or the fuel filter inside the fuel tank may be clogged. If that's the problem it may be an easy fix. The whole thing may be a single unit that could be replaced easily and inexpensive.

o

I've replaced the bad lines and you can see the fuel bubble in the tank when at idle, Wouldn't that signify that it is getting fuel? Would the spark arrester cause such a problem?

o

Sounds like it's not getting the fuel. It may be the diaphragm in the carburetor which works kind of like a fuel pump. It could be worn and stretched out. I just had this problem with my trimmer.
Now I have the opposite problem of yours. It will take the fuel but won't idle.

o

Could be a carb diaphram issue (pinhole or slight tear) also could be dirty carb and air filter or out of adjustment . Review Previous Threads on carb cleaning and adjustment . We have gone over these items numerous times . I have indicated to Ceezaah an effective carb tuning sequence that may well assist you . Ensure you have fresh gas good spark plug and treat the fuel with a concentrated cleaner treatment . Let us know how you make out . Depending on how old you trimmer is it may require a carb kit and overhaul .

o

One very stupid question. You said you squeeze the trigger and the engine is still at idle speed, you did not indicate that the engine is choking, you check the throttle cable is connected to the carb?

Just a stupid question to cover the basis!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here