Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Screen for WW Grinder

Posted by vayseth (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 28, 10 at 10:18

I've had a WW Grinder Renegrade 8HP chipper shredder (Model 47017) for 15 years -- great machine! But I need a new screen, 3/4 inch holes. Mine had fatigued from use, been welded once, but is no longer repairable. Does anyone know where I might get a screen for this machine??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Screen for WW Grinder

Sounds like you'll have to have one made, for an older model machine.

o

It appears that is the only option left. Thanks! I'll look for a machine shop.

o

Hey,

Maybe you could post a "wanted" ad on craigslist searching for a hammer mill screen. There are tens of thousands of hammer mills sitting in the weeds or getting cut up for scrap and most of them had a variety of screens for coarser or finer grinding of feed. The most common brands are Gehl, New Holland, Bearcat, OMC, Deere, and IH. I imagine you could buy one for pretty cheap, cut out the size you need, and weld the pipe on without much cost. If the curve is wrong, you can change it up a little with an anvil and hammer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here