Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Information on an old Troybilt Super Tomahawk...

Posted by Sha_Sha Z5CA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 8, 05 at 10:58

A friend of mine has an old Troybilt (Super Tomahawk) chipper/shredder. He is looking for a manual or somewhere that might sell old parts. He's not interested in new, he's pretty happy with the one he has, he just can't find the parts he needs.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-S

P.S. I just got a Mackissic...gotta' love it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Information on an old Troybilt Super Tomahawk...

I have a TB Super Tomahawk. I'll see if I can learn how to scan text and send it to you. Send an e-mail address to norm.hodge@gmail.com. I wish I had the Mackissic; I'm not too happy with mine. By the way, have you looked at Troy-Bilt's web site: they may have all that you need.
Norm

o

Thanks Norm,

My mail address is budewis@hotmail.com...if you could scan the manual or whatever you have, that would be great. I do believe that he's looked into the website, with little success.

Yea, I got the Mackissic a few days ago. The summers are very dry here, ordinarily, but since I got the Chipper it's been either snowing or raining. Hopefully I'll be able to use it more next week.

-S

o

Troy-Bilt does not exist anymore. The company went out of business and the trademark was purchased by MTD products inc. From what I have heard, they have 'orphaned' all of the old Troy-Bilt equipment. I.e. you can't get parts from them anymore. I'm not sure if there are any other companies making parts for them.

o

Yea, it was just a shot in the dark... I guess there's a belt on his machine that needs to be replaced. He tried some belts for automobiles, but the belt he needs is titanium...? I wonder if there's another company that may have the same belt for their chipper...been doing some research, nothing so far.

Thanks for the response...Happy chipping and shredding :)

-S

o

Automotive belts won't cut it,or chip-it per se....you need a "Power transmission" belt .....up in Vt they are available at stores that sell bearings .....are you sure he didn't need a "kevlar" belt????, titanium is metal ????

If memeory serves me correctly ,the belt can range in size and when the PTO pulley is adjusted correctly it should work well ,BUT you need to engage the belt rather slowly ,to get the frails and flyweight rotating ,once at proper speed ,the belt finally gets locked into place !
Jim

o

I own a Troybuilt super tomahawk chipper/shredder, bought it off Ebay for 1/3 the price of new, was close enough to pick up vs shipping, Does a great job for making chips for mulch. Just put on the chainsaw helmet for hearing protection and to catch stuff that gets thrown out. The belt that fits mine is an industrial B-27, which can be had in kevlar, I just try to let mine spin up then lock it down and start feeding it, haven't bought the kevlar yet just use the regular one. have probably chipped 10 pick up truck loads of limbs used maybe 3 belts @ less than $10 apiece, 2-3" no problem, but 2" is the best size anything much bigger works for bonfires

o

I was just given (how nice) a Super Tomahawk Chipper/Shredder Model 11088 and my neighbor got it running for me. Problem is that perhaps some parts are missing (like a top hopper and perhaps a piece that attaches to the bottom to control flow of mulch). Any help would be greatly appreciated - I noticed a couple of you discussing the possibility of having a manual copied and I would love a picture to see if there are any parts missing (visibly noticeable at least). Please help! I don't even know what year model it is...

o

Sorry, folks, but there's late breaking news on the Super Tomahawk Shredder front. Turns out mine is a Junior Tomahawk Shredder, not the Super. I must have been having a senior moment. Norm

o

Thanks for all of your replies. I'm going to forward the information you've provided me. I had a feeling that if I could find out some information anywhere, it would be here. I did me kevlar and not titanium...if I were blond at least I could say I was having a blond moment and if I were older I could say I was having a senior moment, however I am neither...so I guess I don't have much to say about that.

You guys are great...Thanks again.

-S

o

Well, after much research on the web, I did find more information on the Model 11088 Tomahawk IV that includes diagrams and a parts/order list. The on-line printable diagrams are found at:
http://www.partsandservice.com/html/TroyBilt/cs/cs11088.html

o

I have a T B Shipper Shredder Mod No 11388 and I can take pictures with a digital Camera and send them on E-Mail I also don't know how old it is and no book my E-Mail should be on here Mine has side feed for 2" limbs and a 7or 8" hole for twigs and leaves thick rubber guard stops fingers if I ain't watching I also would like a manual if some one can but it on a disc I will pay shipping and nomanial fee

E-Mails should say Hey Red in subject line

o

Can anyone tell me what the diameter of the holes are in the discharge plate on the Super Tomahawk?
I've learned that if the holes are smaller than 1.25-1.50 they will clog with damp leaves. The larger holes in the plate will even allow you to mix dirt.

o

hmmmm ... maybe I will learn how to post if I keep at it.

I have a old 8 hp Tomahawk. Bought it new and have used the heck out of it. Sand in my area is tough on this equipment. Wet leaves - forget about it. If you insist, use the 1.5 diameter or bar screen or use none at all. If you insist on doing wet leaves, like I do, keep a supply of small branches at hand to clear the clog. Belts, go to a automotive/hardware store or farm supply. If your counter man is worth his salt, he can help you. I get mine there and only pay a couple of bucks for the belt. It is flails I need. Anyone have a line on flails? Id like to get an entire new drum if I could - I am on number three!

milleraba@comcast.net

o

To Art5910
Check Ebay NOW. There are two or three sales for tomahawk flails.
Can you tell me the width of you chipper outlet? 10"?

Can anyone tell me the difference between a Tomahawk and Super Tomahawk chipper?

o

Guys Ebay has the manuel for this and the Fails for the chipper shreader

I just bought a set of them

o

Hi, I recently obtained a Super Tomahawk with a 8 HP Koeler engine. It will not chip. It appears that the cutter blades have a space of about 3/16" between them. This seems much too high. I removed the chute and the blade welded to the chute seemed very short as if some previous owner had ground it away when attempting to get it sharp.
Is it possible to get a reasonable blade clearance by moving the flywheel toward the chipper chute? How about building up the blade by hard-face welding and grinding to fit? I do not have a manual so do not know what the clearance should be.
Any help would be appreciated.
Hugh

o

I just got a Troy bilt super Tomahawk from my brother. The engine started well but the belt was dangling between 3 pulleys. My question is does the belt go on the inside or outside of the clutch pulley in the middle? Is this clutch suppose to lock? I've tried it both ways but didn't work. This is a model 11389.

o

We jsut inherited a VERY old Troy Built Tomahawk Junior Chipper. Model 4634TS. Does any one have an idea where we might find an owner's manual/parts list??? I have tried T-B and Murray, the predecessor. Thanks

o

I recently bought a super tomahawk chipper. It has had no maintenance done to it. I started to change the flails around and found a bad bearing. The bearing closet to the large dia. shute. I had a hard time finding bearings. The bearing I did find were close but not the same. I made one of them work but, the end closet to the shute didn't. The main shaft was 1/2 inch to short. I 'm going to make a shaft that is the right length so I can use the other bearings. The other bearings are cheaper than original and easy to find. $23.00 each, compared to $70.00 each. If any one has came across this problem and has a better set up, please let me know. Also I have a place to get belts and they have a website if any one needs it.

o
RE: Information on an old Troybilt Tomahawk.Shredder..

I contacted Davis Industrties Inc., 1-800-577-0559, 1-246-283-0700, they stock Kevlar cord belts which I'm using on my shredder.www.davis-ohio.com, click on belts, my original belt was 5L 290 SPL

o

I have a 1996 Troybilt Super Tomahawk and am having trouble getting a new belt. I did find a supplier for a chipper blade if anyone wants it but can't find a supplier for belts. The model of my chipper is 47285. Can anyone help me?

o

I own a 1991 8hp super tomahawk with all of the original owners, parts manuals and all of the ads and brochures, if anyone needs copies.

o

I have a 8hp supertomahawk model 47258
I order belts from www.ordertree.com part # 97133ma
or a standard dayton 5l290g belt works just fine

o

I have a Troy-Bilt Tomahawk model # 47257 Serial # 472570100515 and I lost my manuals, can any one help? I also need a replacement drive belt and dont have a number.

o

I purchased new in 1996, a Super Tomahawk Chipper/ Shredder, model # 47266, 8HP (Briggs/Stratton) IC Standard and have both the parts catalog and owner's manual covering four models: 47266, 47267,47272, and 47285. Troy Bilt went bankrupt in the late 90's and left all us owners scrounging for parts, especially belts and chipper blades. Now I am searching for the bearing, chipper side, part # 1908316. If anyone has a clue, I would like to hear from you. Thanks

o

I just picked up a super tomahawk model 47267. Anyone have a manual and parts list they could copy for me? ( of course I will pay expenses) THANKS

o

I recently aquired a 1988 model Super Tomahawk. The unit has a Tecumeh engine and apprears to be in woring order with one exception - the entire clutch assembly is missing. From a copy of the parts manual, I can make or buy parts to complete the clutch. However, I need specific center to center hole measurement (clutch leaver and idler pivot assembly) and idler pully diameter. Can anyone help me out? Please let me know via e-mail - Thanks

o

I need a replacement chipper blade for my Troy-bilt model no. 47285. Does anyone know where there is a supplier for parts.

o

I need a new motor for my Troybilt super tomahawk chipper-shredder. The motor is no longer available. It's an 8 hp Briggs and stratton. Anyone have a model number of an engine that will work. There are so many model numbers available. I'd hate to just keep buying motors till I get one that will fit.I called a lot of places and no one will suggest a replacement model number. Thanks, Richard

o

Hey Dave,

I just bought and fixed up a super tomahawk. It needed both bearings and the shaft. I had the shaft made at a machine shop for 50 bucks and bought the bearings at an implement dealership for 10 bucks apiece. Just take the bearings to any dealership worth their salt and they'll match them up, either by number or measurements.

Hey Mike, Johnny and Mark,

Lots of parts, including manuals, can be had on ebay. I see the belts, shredder flails, screens, and chipper blades for sale on there all the time.

Hey Richard,

Any engine with the right shaft size will work. You might have to drill the mounting points if the holes don't line up. The model number on my engine is 190402. Go to an old small engine shop in your area. You'll know you're in the right one when you can barely make it through the door for all the old mowers and snowblowers laying around. Ask them for a B&S I/C 8 hp engine. Odds are they'll have one or know where there is one. Just don't sue them for 54 million if it doesn't work! :-)

o

Thanks farmerboybill for the info I will check it out. Great info on the engine,shafts, and bearings.

o

Found an engine that works great. Got a 8 hp Tacumshe (sorry , I can't spell it today). Needed to use shims to get the Pulley on the shaft in the correct location. Other than that, it was a "bolt-on". I did get rid of the brace that was mounted to the head bolts and made a brace for the bottom of the new motor useing 1/4 inch steel. So far it seems to work great. Time will tell of course. Thanks, Richard

o

Okay I tried bidding on ebay for troy-bilt parts and manuals but I keep getting out bid at the last minute. Can anyone help me get a copy of a parts manual for the chipper shreddar model no. 47285 8 hp.

o
Manual needed for an old Troybilt JUNIOR Tomahawk

I am in desperate need of a parts manual for an old Junior Tomahawk chipper/shredder. Does anybody have one that I could purchase or make a copy of? Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Greg Hafer, Corning, NY

o

I have a Parts list 1988 and Manual 1985 for the Super Tomahawk. I can make copies. Contact me for more info. llemon@mail.com

o

Looks like another old Super Tomahawk Chipper has found a new home. I bought one yesterday at a garage sale (Model 10635). I would like to get a copy of the manual and parts list. My direct email is pdecher@comcast.net
Thanks!
Pete

o

Hi,
I am in desperate need in obtaining an owner's manual for a Troy-Bilt Wood Chipper model # 47258. I called everywhere and because it is an older model no one has it. Does anyone have a copy or can make a copy of the wood chipper owner's manual for me? Please contact me at mariadomondon@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

o

I just bought an old Super Tomahawk 8hp Model 15014 chipper but unfortunately I didn't get a manual with it. If anyone has one that they could email to me I would appreciate it. jmundy@comcast.net

o

I purchased Super Tomahawk Chipper/Shredder new in 1998+/-. Mod # 47266 with an 8 HP B&S IC engine. The chipper side bearing went out. I have exhausted all possibilities to obtain a new bearing assembly, so I am searching for a good used bearing. The part # on the bearing is 1908316. The stamp on the existing bearing is FL205 KOYO. I need the entire assembly or find someone that can fit a new bearing in the existing assembly. Thank you, george at baccagab@msn.com

o

I wanted to say, "I purchased a Super Tomahawk..."

o

hey Grizz

Go to any farm equipment dealership worth it's salt with the bearing in hand. If they can't reference it from the part number, they can just match one off the shelf. The bearing they have might not look exactly like your old one( may have a different locking mechanism, etc.), but it'll work. This bearing will not cost more than 12 dollars. I bought two of them from a Case dealer three months ago.

The Tomahawk I bought had two bad bearings and a bad shaft. The previous owner had run it with bearings that had come loose from the shaft. When the bearings come loose, the shaft gets the worst of it. I tore it completely apart and had a shaft made for it for 50 bucks and bought two bearings for 10 bucks each. Make darn sure you lock the bearing to the shaft.

o

Thanks farmerboybill. I found a bearing through an NTN Bearing distributor in Albuquerque. It's on order, $17.00.

Can anyone tell me what URL is?

o

Well, I am another one of those guys that has a Troybuilt Super Tomahawk, but does not have an owners manual or a parts manual. I am in dire need of both; can anyone assist me? I am willing to pay for any help; I have to get this machine up and running soon as fall is right around the corner. It is a model #15012 and serial #W520731. It appears that the previous owner added the 8 HP engine as the serial numbers is a 5 HP series. I am assuming all of the parts are the same though.
Thanks!
machukie1996@sbcglobal.net

o

I have an owner's manual and parts list (1986) for a 5 and 8hp Super Tomahawk chipper/shredder.

I can scan to a CD-ROM in JPEG format.

Email me at tbob@midamer.net if you are interested and we can discuss details.

o

Anyone know where I can get a tow bar for this monster? I am really tired of pushing and pulling it around the Yard!

o

I have a W.W.Grinder Super Tomahawk Chipper/ Shredder, model 204. I am sure that it is the same as or very similar to the TroyBilt model that you are discussing.
I have sharpened the active chipper blade and it still will not chip a pencil. Is there some kind of adjustment that is required for the stationary blade (I can't see one but assume that there is one at the bottom of the feed chute)? It seems to have plenty of power (a tecumsa motor, probably 8hp)and it definitely turns up high enough. Any assistance will be appreciated. NeilT

o

PS My e-mail address is ntheidinger@verizon.net

o

I just inherited a Super Tomahawk, Model 47266 and could also use some help finding a manual and parts list.

I also have a question about mulching. Is there some screen or other add-on I'm supposed to install beneath the blades to keep the material inside the unit longer so it gets chopped more. I see signs that the previous owner might have had something else (I didn't receive) to do the mulching.

o

I just purchased a 1991 Super Tomahawk in near perfect condition. Didn't know parts were not available though. My flails were only dull on one corner so I flipped them. The chipper blade must be sharpened at a 45 degree angle. That may be why "neilt" can't make his chip. Fortunately, mine came with a new blade and belt but I was able to sharpen the old blade.

I have the manual. It covers 4, 5 and 8 hp models. If someone needs a copy, let me know. I will send it for just what it costs to copy and mail.

o

Grizz, URL Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) identify resouces in the web; documents, images, download files, services ect...

o

message to ken roser : I too seek a screen for an 8hp Super-T. If you have any leads for me, please advise. Thanks !

o

Hi all,
Bought a REAL Troy-Bilt Super Tomahawk Chipper Shredder for $300.00. It's a model 47259 and has about 20 hrs. of use on it. My problem is of course NO operator manual or parts catalog. After much internet hunting I found this forum and see that we all have the same problem. I would like to include as much info that I have gleaned and will start here. Mine has a B&S 8hp I/C engine with cast iron bore.
It is Model #195432 means 19 cubic inch, basic design #5,
#4 means Horizontal Shaft,Flo-Jet Carburetor, with mechanical governor, #3 means Ball Bearing,Flange Mounting, with Splash Lube, #2 means it has a rewind starter. Type is #0881 having to do with the preset RPM. The code #91091110 has to do with 91=1991,09=Sept.,11=day, and 10=plant#.
My question to all is this, I am unable to read any serial numbers on the decal anymore and want to know if there are any other places on the machine where I couild recover this # ? I also have a request to make of BINGER to please contact me, so that I can request a copy of any information that you may have on your unit. You are only off by one digit on your model number from mine and I'm fairly sure that it won't make any difference as to part numbers etc.
You may contact me at yugasit@itlnet.net with any requirements that you may have of me. In advance my thanks.
This message is for milton-2007 there are 2 screens available on EBay right now for your unit.

o

Great source for parts lists:
http://www.partsandservice.com/html/TroyBilt/cs

Here is a link that might be useful: Troy-Bilt chipper shredder parts diagrams

o

Dave, that was great help for me. Kind new but old to this forum.
Can anyone tell me how to get the Cylinder Assembly off the engine shaft so I can replace the engine? Looks like I have to remove it, to get to the (4) bolts on the side of the motor. I have removed the (2) set screws. I have been soaking everything with penatration lube. It won't budge.

o

I too have purchased a Troybilt Super Tomahawk Chipper Shredder Model 15012 Serial #T3301196. Can anyone send me an owner's manual and parts list. My email is dperesie@hotmail.com. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!

o

Recently purchased a Super Tomahawk model #47258.
It needs a belt and I would like to purchase a more coarse blade. Also an owners manual. Help anyone?
Thanks.

o

I have an opportunity to purchase a Troybilt Super Tomahawk V model number 11389 with a 8hp B&S engine. The buyer is unable to give age of this chipper/shredder and that concerns me. I am also concerned in reading these comments at this site for I sense that the Troybilt Chipper/Shredder is not the best piece of equipment ... every body seems to be having some sort of problem. And also there seems to be an issue in getting parts. The seller claims the equipment cost $2000 new and is selling for $400. Says it works well. What do you think? I am not mechanically inclined and I might be getting my self into a night mare. Any comments would be appreciated.

o

Hey Thomas,

I really liked my TB ST and would still own it if I hadn't bought a BCS chipper/shredder to mount on my 715.

I think the super tomahawks were made from the early 80s to the early 90s. Mine was an 84 or something and the new price was close to 2 grand. The newer models have sort of a discharge chute. Mine, being older, did not. It shot the material up to 20 feet. The B&S engine is an I/C and is about bulletproof as long as you keep the oil in it, keep it protected from the weather, and keep the gas sta-biled or seafoamed.

$400 is fair for a perfect unit. I bought mine for $175 but needed to put in new $13 bearings and a new $50 shaft. I also rotated the flails. You can rotate the flails four times before you need a new set. I sold it this spring for $350 after running it a summer.

As far as having problems, I think about half the posts on this thread are trying to find manuals. Troy bilt sold thousands of them and they're getting to be 20 to 30 years old. Of course some machines were misused or used up. You just gotta determine if the one you're considering was a garage queen or a beater.

Good luck. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again if I needed it. Let us know if you need some pointers on how to run it. Put it on a new thread, though. This one is getting a tad long.

o

Hi,
I have a 8hp Super Tomahawk 47266.
I am looking for a chipper blade and a bed knife.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I have found a blade here or there on the internet, but no bed knife. Any input on the going rates?
I am also interested in a copy of a manual if anyone has one. Please email me if you might be able to help me out.
If anyone is selling a screen with the bars or the largest diameter holes, I would be interested.
Thanks so much.
Chris

o

FYI Anybody or Everybody - I have a Super TOMAHAWK from Garden Way Model 15012 (Which seems to be different than most I have seen). It DID have a 5 HP Tecumseh engine; however I replaced it with a Harbor Freight (Honda look-a-like)11 HP. The mounting bracket fits any standard Horizontal small engine. Like "Tool Time Tim" it just didn't have enought HP to get it started without being a pain.

I have a Manual printed in 1989 by Garden Way covering the 4, 5 & 8 which I will scan along with the Parts Catalog; however it does not help alot except to make sure you get the right part on e-bay etc. Send request to skisdlc@yahoo.com - It won't be by return mail until after I get it scanned.

I have the Chipper Blade problem like others (around here it's $100 to have one made) I LIKE the idea welding with a hardening rod and grinding it down to specs.

I too bought "Flails" on e-bay but they are NOT hardened steel like the orginals and do not last as long.

I will be chipping up a large building soon and let you know how it works

ps Simplicity Belt # 97133 can be added to your list

o

I just received a troy bilt super tomahawk shredder model # 15015
It is in great shape, but missing the chute part #W20501002pd
Any one know were I can get a new or used one?
Also if any one has any info on were I can get hammers for this shredder part # w20307503

o

I have a Super Tomahawk, 15012, serial 3303214. I am in need of a manual and parts list. Please contact at Tomcaster69@comcast.net I will reciprocate with a machinist/mechanic's knowledge about the finer operation of these fine machines. When tuned and set up properly they are a wonderful yard tool. Thanx TFR

o

The last time I bought flails for my TB CS, they had a Briggs and Stratton name on them. They looked exactly like the TB product. Unfortunately, before I could use them, engine #3 quit. I didn't feel that I wanted to put engine #4 on the machine, but my son in law had no qualms about taking on the project. So, my TB CS lives at his house now.

For folks looking for TB sheet metal parts, based on my experience, you might as well go down to the local fabricating shop and have it made. I had a drum made at a machine shop. Not cheap understand, but it was as good or better than original. AND - at the time, I couldn't get a replacement at any price. A machine shop can probably make a knife too. Just about all the mechanical parts, belts, bearings, engine tune up, etc., can be found in a genuine auto parts/hardware store. Forget looking at the 'fast food' auto parts outlets.

o

Posted by f6rider (My Page) on Thu, Apr 20, 06 at 22:14

To Art5910
Check Ebay NOW. There are two or three sales for tomahawk flails.
Can you tell me the width of you chipper outlet? 10"?
Can anyone tell me the difference between a Tomahawk and Super Tomahawk chipper?

Yes I can ... My Super had a 10 inch wide frame while the Tomahawk was based on a 8 inch wide frame.

and ... Yes, I can ... Super Tomahawk comes with 8 or 5 HP engine while the Tomahawk came with a 4 HP engine ... oh yes, it had 12 flails instead of 16 like the Super. The Tomahawk also used a 13 X8 inch flywheel/chipper. It was also 10 inches shorter due to a shorter chipper chute. There were of course other differences, but I think that will answer your immediate question.

Thanks ...

Art5910
milleraba@comcast.net

o

I'm looking for a parts & service manual for a Troy Bilt Super Tomahawk, model 47266. Anyone have a spare copy

o

If anyone is looking for bearings for the TB Super Tomahawk email me at irishND@twcny.rr.com as I can get them.

Have a good day,

o

I got a Super Tomahawk model number is partially gone but ends in ...7259.

My problem is the engine pulley is out of alignment with the lower pulley and the idler. It's on the key'd shaft with a setup I've never seen before. It's marked "H Plus +" and the pulley has GQ BK40 H FHP.

How does this come off and adjust? Where might I obtain a replacement pulley as this one is cracked?

Also need a cross part number for suitable belt.

Many Thanks. Please drop the "NOSPAM" from my email address.

o

i just bought a super tomahawk chipper/shredder model #47276 with a 5 hp engine. does any one have a copy of a manual and parts list for this?? if so could you send me a copy to my email address jselent2000@yahoo.com. thanks

o

couple of links that may help some ...

parts:
http://www.partsandservice.com/html/TroyBilt/cs/

manuals:
http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/public/list.jsp?BrandCode=10001

o

First, good information above. I have a couple of questions. I recently purchased from a neighbor a well used Super Tomahawk, m/n 47251. He had bought it used. Can anyone tell me about how old this model is? I've checked the partsandservice.com site, and they tell me that the chipping hammers for my model are no longer available. Are there any alternatives? The hammers in my unit have been heavily used. They are slightly mushroomed and also gouged in spots. I can try to grind them sharp, but I'm afraid that they will end up being too short, and probably will throw the unit out of balance. Does anyone have any suggestions, or am I out of luck? Please reply to NOSPAMfourohfive99@gmail.com, with the NOSPAM removed. Any help is very appreciated.

o

I cant date your machine for you but I can tell you that the flails (cutting hammers) are reversible and you can flip them which gives you the ability to have new cutting surfaces without having to replace them. Hope this helps.

o

I got a super tomahawk out of the dump. No engine or clutch. I want to have it run off my tractor PTO but need to know what speed the unit runs at. So can someone measure the pulley for an 8 HP unit and tell me what it is?

Thanks
Sheldon

o

My friend just purchased a Super Tomahawk chipper model#15012, Serial# 3301259. The problem is, after he got it home, he found the chipper chute is missing. As you know, finding a replacement is next to impossible. Does anyone have a parts book and would be willing to e-mail me a copy of the page showing the chipper chute assembly. I want to try to fabricate one, but don't know exactly what it looks like. I assume in addition to the chute, there is a shear plate inside, which I can't see from a picture. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
My e-mail is; sadixon@frontiernet.net

o

Sheldon, the machines opperate at 3600 RPM.

o

I just bought a 1993 Super Tomahawk with an 8hp B&S I/C engine. Same specs as captturbo mentioned above. The engine runs at 3600 rpm and the drive pulley appears to be the same size as the driven pulley, so the blades should be spinning at the same rate as the engine.

o

I was given a Super Tomahawk from my Uncle. It started right up and is in great condition. The belt broke and do not have a manual, The model is a 47257. B&S motor not sure on HP. Trying to locate a part # for the belt and a manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

o

I have a Super Tomahawk model # 10635 and would like a manual or even a picture of the chipper engager. We are missing a piece that engages the chipper. Please email me at masonkrakow@yahoo.com

o

Just picked up a 1990 model 47267 chipper w/o tow hitch.... anyone know of a good substitute or have an extra lying around? Thanks, TwinksPA

o

I, too, need a towbar arrangement. Anyone out there even able to send me a picture of one to copy?

Thanks

o

I have a Super Tomahawk two-in-one chipper/shredder that I was given. It's an 8hp Briggs and Stratton. I don't know the model number but I know it's not been run since at least 2005 but it wasn't used a lot when it was run. My brother has offered to help me get it running but I need to get a copy of an owner's manual for him first. I've not been able to find anything. If anyone can help me know where to find a manual, or would be willing to scan a copy and email it I would be grateful. I also would be willing to pay postage for snail mail. My email is buchanank57@yahoo.com. Thank you so much!!

o

I did find a bit more information to add to the post from yesterday but it doesn't seem to jive with what I've read so far. The model number that I've found is 10635. The Serial number is W805279. I'm not sure if that helps anyone help me find a manual. I looked at a couple of links on this site but it didn't have my model number. Advice?

o

I see a lot of people are looking for manuals. You can download them by googling "Troy Bilt Manuals & Gravely Parts" or going to URL www.brentchalmers.com/
I was even able to find one for my old (1983, I think) WW Grinders S. H., which was bought out by Troy Bilt.

o

I gotta tell you that I picked up one of these part#11387 ser#W514396 for $100 and it has been the best $100 i have ever spent on lawn care equip. It needed absolutely nothing except a belt and I wanted to shale the # that I used. It is a Dayco L529 it also has a # of 16R735 under that, I hope that helps some looking for the proper belt.

o

I have a Super Tomahawk Chipper Model 10941 ST, s/n w812727 with a B&S 8 horse motor which I believe was manufactured in 1985. I have the engine manual but cannot find the chipper manual or even any reference to this particular model. If anyone can point me in the right direction for a manual I sure would appreciate it. e-mail bstnh1@metrocast.net

o

I had a tow bar fabricated for my Chipper that allows it to be towed behind a garden tractor. The assembly closely resembles a photo of the original I found on E-Bay. If anyone is interested in my photos and specs on the assembly, contact me at dale@daleandginger.com

o

I bought a WW Grinders (REALLY old) super tomahawk off of Craigslist. Couldn't get the old Tecumseh engine to do more than spit a couple of times (needed carb work obviously), so I gave the engine away and bought a big Baldor 3 hp electric motor that runs off 220 v. Had to fabricate an engine mount. Used the old centrifugal clutch off the Tecumseh, but had to weld an extension on the motor shaft and shim it out from 5/8" to 3/4" (why would anyone put a 5/8" shaft on a 3 hp motor?). Works great. Doesn't whimper when a bunch of stuff is jammed down the hopper. I did find the shredder's shaft had worn (the bearings were fine), so bought a chunk of 1" steel at the local steelyard for $10. Have made a couple of flails out of 3/16" by 1.5" mild steel. They will wear faster, but are easy to make and not that hard to replace. I get better at it as I gain experience. My main gripe about this and similar machines is how horribly they clog with wet or fibrous stuff. I find tomato vines the worst. That's why the shredders come with small-hole and large hole screens and of course the bars. With some stuff, like corn stalks, even the bars clog in an infuriating way. As I lay tossing and turning in the wee hours one night, I had a flash of insight. Next morning welded up something I thought would work, and (drum roll), it worked almost perfectly. I say almost, because now that I have proved the principle, I plan to make a new and improved one. It eliminates the need for any other screens, never clogs, and is self cleaning. I'd love to market this somehow, or share the idea with someone who would know how to do it right.

o

I was recently given an almost new Troybilt Super Tomahawk.
One problem: Friend had dropped a short 2X4 into the shredder, The shaft and shredder assembly are bent and I can not get the shaft out of the shredder assembly to straighten it. I can cut it out with a torch but will need a new shaft and probably the shredder assembly.
Is there a source for these parts or does someone have spares of these parts I might purchase?

o

I found a nice parts view for the super tomahawk at sears at http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tools/msg0610580226899.html?87.
Unfortunately they don't have many parts available but if someone wants to look at the parts diagram this is an ok source.
Does anyone know where I can get a new carb for a 5 hp Electric start Techumsen?

o

I have and will copy & email Owner/Operator Manual for Garden Way Super Tomahawk Chipper/Shredder. Mine is 8HP but Manual covers 5&8 HP models. Not sure of model # but SN is W812864. Purchased in Nov. 1986. Also have October 1985 Edition Parts Manual, as well as Operating & Maintenance Instructions for B&S engine, Model Series 170400, 171400, 190400 & 195400 . I would appreciate recommendations for replacement belt for this model.

o

I have the 8-HP Model 47266 Tomahawk which I purchased in 1994. I didn't use it much until a few years ago. The flails are still in their original position but they are worn and need to be rotated to a new position (there are four positions before the flails must be replaced altogether).

The machine is too bulky to take in for service so I am thinking of repositioning the flails myself. I have managed to obtain replacement roll pins from Sears and I still need to obtain the right diameter pin punch with which to remove the old ones.

I guess my question is -- how difficult a job is this? Has anyone done this procedure? Do you have any special advice?

o

Not sure if this subject is still active, but here it goes anyway.

I purchased a Super Tomahawk model 10941, serial W815563.

I'm in the process of removing the old belt and blades, but I've had trouble removing a "key stock" from the front pulley. Any suggestions on how to get this out?

Also, if anyone has a user manual or parts list, please email them to me at robert.robinson0912@yahoo.com

Thanks!

o

robert,

Check your email inbox.

Best, archdiver

o

Thanks Archdiver, but the model numbers don't match and the designs are slightly different. They are very similar, but different enough that I can't use either. Thanks anyway,

Robert

o

Robert,
Just now saw this reply. If you haven't yet found anything - it's relatively easy, if you sift through all the commercial hype. I found everything I needed for my model and year.

Try the link below, which lists only one exploded view document for your 10941. The purpose of these websites of course, is to get you to order parts from them. Keep your blinders on.

I guess only one link can be added per post, so will include another following this post . . .

Here is a link that might be useful: TroyBilt chipper shredders

o
Troybilt Super Tomahawk manuals

Here's another source, with annoying watermarks - but you may get lucky.

Here is a link that might be useful: TroyBilt literature/manuals

o

I just bought an old Super Tomahawk 8hp Model 15014S chipper but unfortunately I didn't get a parts manual or operators manual with it. Could anybody help I would appreciate it. Also does anybody know when this was built?

o

Hi I hope somebody can help. I am looking for the belt, shredder flails, and chipper blade for a Model 15014S TOMAHAWK VI
Thanks CWC

o

Does this help with parts.

Here is a link that might be useful: 15014S

o

Thanks for you help.CWC

o

Hi do they make a tow bar for this 15014S TOMAHAWK VI
or maybe a print of one?
I would like to pull it to the location needed, to hard by hand. Thanks CWC

o

If you go join yahoo troy bilt groups dot com there people there answer all question there manual also there.

o

Here's an exploded diagram of the tow bar - dimensions of which could be scaled/interpolated for fabrication, for the mechanically inclined.

Photobucket

o

Thanks for your help. CWC

o

Hi, does anybody happen to know, what would be a replacement engine for a Tomahawk 15014S. Thanks CWC

o

The engine in link one you need forget about horse power just buy this one it will have power. At 119.00 its stealice end this month.

You may need few bolts with metric thread to install Lowes allway has what I need in metric just take usa thread bolt with you to get right length.

Almost all small engine that have problem with HF engine solve.

Here is a link that might be useful: remember this number # 68120

o

Thanks for your help. CWC

o

Hi can anbody tell me what the spacing needs to be, between the flails and spacers my spacers are rolled on the ends do to ware?
Thanks CWC

o

Hi I just thought I would leave an update the predator engine from Harbor freight works excellent. I had to put a spacer plate between the engine and original frame. Also, I built a mounting bracket for the engine to set on. The only question I have. If somebody has an answer is, I can't get the tension adjustment, adjusted correctly, to stay in the locked position. Everything is put together according to the manual. Does anybody have any recommendations on the tension adjustment? Thanks

o

I wonder if any one has access to a model 10635 manual,I would be happy to cover expence,also how old is this chipper thank you

o

If anyone needs parts and/or owner manuals for Troybilt Tomahawk Chipper Shredders, there is a plethora of information for Troybilt Tomahawks built between 1988 to 1999 that can be downloaded here: http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/42653288/file.html

The download is an iso-image file, 133MB in size. Once the file is downloaded, simply right-click on the file and open it with your disk burning software and burn the file to a CD. If you don't have disk burning software, ImgBurn is a free disk burning software that will work well. Once you burn the CD you will find about 20 pdf manual iterations on your disk. If you need Tomahawk parts or owner manuals, there is a good chance you will find the information you need on the burned CD.

o

Hi I have a Tomahawk 15014S looking for a part number 11661. It is a shim does anybody know the specs on this shim and where I could find one. This shim is internal, and is on the main pulley shaft. I think it is missing I am getting a grinding sound on start up.
Thanks CWC777

o

Hi I have a troy built Tomahawk, I think it was a 5 engine. I have completely rebuilt it and put a new engine on it. Engine runs great. It chips and shreds but on startup when I engage it a grinding noise starts. It clears up as the unit hits maximum RPM. I'm thinking when I rebuilt it. Somehow I left the 3 shims out or 1 shim not quite sure if that be the case. Would you happen to know what size shim it takes and what side the shims go on and how you can make sure you have the proper clearance before reinstalling the motor back on. I hope somebody can help, or you can refer me to somebody who can. Thanks

o

I have the Troy-built Tomahawk 1991 8hp chipper/shredder and i need the following parts for the cylinder assembly .....part #: 97129 Roll Pin, 3/16" x 3/4" qty (4) ....Part #: W20307503 Cylinder Hammer qty (16) ...... part #: W203010013 Spacer (short) qty (8) ....... part #: W203010012 Spacer (long) qty (4) ........ part #: W203010014 Spacer (long, with role pin hole) qty (4) ANYONE WHO HAS THESE PARTS OR CAN SUGGEST HOW TO GET THEM - PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO wless3@gmail.com thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here