Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Sale

Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 12:08

FYI, just got an email from Sears that mechanics tool kits and chests are half price. Went to the site and they are. Craftsman may not be the brand name it once was, but half off is half off.

Wish I needed something.....:-)

Ev

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Sale

"Craftsman may not be the brand name it once was"...Yhe're perfectly adequate as are the Taiwan-made mechanics tools sold at Walmart and Home Depot. I have never broken one unless I abused it with a cheater.

"Wish I needed something"...I've never let that stop me.

o

Way back, when our learned heads in Guvment told us mechanics and auto body fixers that we'd have to buy all new metric tools, The big tool makers/sellers hiked their prices!
We had a roving tool seller who had a stall at the local flea market. He sold metric tools made in Taiwan. He said they had a guarantee, so i started buying them, at about half price, compared to Snap-on and others.
Well, i still have them and use them when i work on mowers and lawn tractors. I've never broken a socket or hand wrench, but did replace the ratchet once.

o

Snatch-on ain't what they used to be either.
Last time I had a bad rats-it they gave me
a rebuild kit. AND, the next time he came
by, I had to give him the guts that I took
out, or I would be charged for the rebuild kit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here