Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1. Are Woodzig AC model 40268 chain available in North, TX?

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 3, 11 at 12:33

1. Are Woodzig AC model 40268 chain available in North, TX?

2. I have searched but h/n found a source. Are the chains repairable?

3. Its my neighbor�s and it looks as if simply came apart at a link possibly from binding or etc.

4. Are these saws worth repairing? Thanks, loger

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1. Are Woodzig AC model 40268 chain available in North, TX?

Woodzig chains have not been manufactured for a number of years. You see occasionally on Ebay, but prices tend to get higher and higher. Usually sell for $50 to $75 for two-pack.

I used to think they were barely more than toys, but bought a pole saw at a flea market for a couple of dollars and really like it. It came with two chains so when they're gone, I junk it.

o

Thanks For Replying!

Are the chains repairable? It d/n feel dull but apart or broken. It appears it could be snapped back together from a glance. Trying to help a neighbor. I offered her to use my manuel pole-saw for her light pruning vs my electric Remington pole-saw. loger

o

The Woodzig chain is based upon a modified single jack chain.

You might be able to reconnect and straighten out using needle nose pliers. Also, if you buy some Jack Chain of approriate size, you can replace a link, although you won't be cutting at that particular spot.

Best bet is to temporarily repair and then follow Ebay until some comes up and bid on it, unless price is to high.

Myself, I keep using until I wear out my two chains. At $50 plus a pair, new ones are too expensive, and I'll junk the machine. I already have Olympyk (Efco) professional pruning saw, but the Woodzig is handy for small jobs.

o

Thanks For The Info! Our local repair shop recommended my neighbor replace the WoodZig and I agree. loger

o

I have 2 sets of 2ea. new, in unopened blisterpak, woodzig chains - total of 4 chains - contact me if you would like to buy them! I'll sell all 4 for $45 plus shipping and you must pay via paypal (good for everybody's protection!).

o

The chain on my Woodzig pruner seems to be stuck. Motor turns but chain doesn't. Any advice on how to free it? Also someone mentioned fashioning a replacement chain out of a "Jack Chain." What exactly is a jack chain, and where does can you one get a length of it? Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here