Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recommend a lopper

Posted by leaveswave . (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 16, 11 at 12:39

I need a two-handed lopper for some fairly significant shrub pruning. Extendable handles would be a bonus.

The most constraining constraint (heh heh) is it needs to be in stock at my local Home Depot, Lowes, or Menards (so no wait or shipping cost). Gardening stores and nurseries seem to have higher prices without necessarily carrying better brands.

I want to hear about the good as well as the bad--what brand/model do you swear by and what do you avoid like the plague?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recommend a lopper

I have a pair of hedge clippers that i bought back around 1951-2, and they still work good. I doubt anything made lately will do that good a job. My gasoline weed-wacker was bought new around 1985, still runs ok. My Snapper rear engine rider, 33 inch deck, grass catcher, 12 h.p. engine, (replaced 2 years ago,) bought new in '83, still operating!
What to avoid? It is hard to avoid any new stuff made in USA! Most everything sez:"Made in China"!

o
RE: recommend a lopper

The tool below from Home Depot has worked good the past 3 years for me. loger

Fiskars 21-1/2 in. Bypass Lopper
Model # 91325966J
Internet # 100180449
Store SKU # 453521
Store SO SKU # 274097

Lightweight and super-sharp, this 21 in. Bow Saw is ideal for clearing brush and pruning. It features a hardened carbon-steel blade with rust inhibitor, safety tension lever for added control and a lightweight tubular-steel frame for easy use. Replacement blade (7025) available to keep this Bow Saw functioning at its best. Lifetime warranty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here