Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tire size

Posted by markd3682 Mass (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 19, 10 at 12:53

Can someone tell me what size tire that I can put on an early 70's Troy Bilt 6 h.p. Horse tiller. I bought 4.80-8 but the guy putting them on says I need 4.80-400-7.

The wheels are the spoke/split type. Is it easier to change both the wheels and tires to the 8 inch solid type? Or find tires and tubes? It has the turf style tires right now and I want the lug style.

Thanks

Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tire size

I wasn't aware of any tires coming in a 7 inch size but if that's the case, then I'd contact some of the sellers on e-Bay, such as Rustybore or Miller tire. Those guys are the Pro's and can tell you quickly if that is a correct tire size or not. They can also tell you what tread patterns are available. That will help you decide whether switching to an 8" rim size is necessary.

All that said though, if these wheels are not powered by the engine, then tread pattern isn't relevant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here