Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
power washer won't start

Posted by annikah (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 25, 10 at 13:32

I have an electric Earthwise Power 2000 psi washer -- it started, then stopped, and won't start again. I think maybe the water coming in from the hose was too hot. Can anybody help, or does anybody have a phone number for the manufacturer?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: power washer won't start

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 25, 10 at 17:20

They will do that if there isn't enough pressure. First, leave the hose slightly loose at the washer and let all the air purge out of the hose for a few minutes. Then try to run it.

o
RE: power washer won't start

With any power washer you want to make sure you have water not air running through it as suggested. It's always good idea to first run all the air out of the water hose before you attach it. then attach it and turn the water on. Now pull the trigger and let the water pressure push all the air out of the unit. Now you are ready to plug it in and turn it on. I also don't recommend let it run very long without the trigger pulled. I know some have pressure shut off valve that turns the elect unit off, but it they are still humming they are still pumping. I never let my gas unit run very long without the trigger pulled(less than a minute) without shutting it down IMO not good on the pumps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here