Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pressure washing cleanly

Posted by rentonsa none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 13:50

Hi folks, i don't think i submitted this earlier, but apologies if it appears twice.
Really stupid question from a newcomer: i have a karcher pressure washer, and, even when washing my path in a systematic order, unedged lawns and beds result in vast amounts of excess muddy water. Brushing this away just results in the slabs getting dirty again, leaving it results in dried in mud! Could anyone advise a foolproof solution? Something to suck up the water perhaps?!

Thanks
Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pressure washing cleanly

Have you tried to use a surface cleaner instead ? You will find with one of those you will have a lot less splashing.

Also you could try using a garden fork to force holes all along the area where you plan on pressure cleaning to help drain the water down into the soil

o

Thanks Gav- I see Karcher do a surface cleaner attachment which sounds ideal. I'll also try the fork suggestion.

Cheers
Scott

o

The surface washer will probably be the best solution as you will have no splash back and the excess waster should just roll out from under the cleaner and flow down to the lowest part of your garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here