Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pgtr

Husqv 55: Bar NOT Lubricating

pgtr
12 years ago

When first operating my rubbish saw, as a check I initially point it at something and run it to see a 'pattern' of oil sling off the tip of the bar. What it's doing now is giving off almost no pattern of sling at all. However oil does 'dribble' out the base of the saw when it's running ('course oil frequently dribbles out there :-) ) - so oil is not 'blocked' from exiting the tank. I've cleaned it twice now including the oil port hole and bar and there's no blockage I can see. It's almost as if the oil is existing between the side housing and the bar and simply running down and out the bottom rather than going onto the bar.

Anything else I should check for? Should there be any sort of grommet or fitting or 'seal' at the oil port hole on the side?

On a related side - just what is the principal behind moving the oil onto the chain/bar? Simply gravity? Air pressure? ...And I assume there's a vent hole somewhere too?

FWIW I use nothing special, either Husqv or store brand 'bar & chain' oil is all.

thanks

Comments (2)