Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
some cordless help for weeding

Posted by slimshavings TN (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 15:13

I was setting in chair consuming a 32 oz drink with popcorn after weeding garden. Wondering what I could do to make it easier to weed around plants close up. suddenly the fat in my brain parted and the idea that I as a woodworker had a cordless oscillating tool. Low and behold I put the three inch blade on that sucker and it works wonderful. Just gently hold the plant back and go for it. You can get excited about it. Not a cure all but a help

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/ItemResults.aspx?catid=1608

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: some cordless help for weeding

Some weed eaters have string cut off blade turn that cover 180 degrees when push that cover up to plant that stop string from cutting the plant always wear eye protection while weed eating use. Some turn 180 degrees few want.

o

"Wondering what I could do to make it easier to weed around plants"...Get your wife to do the weeding.

o

• Posted by zenman Ottawa KS 5b (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 15:23

This tool got a lot of 1-star ratings (the worst possible rating) at Amazon, primarily because of short battery life. The idea of using it for weeding is a good one, though. Particularly, if you don't mind stooping or kneeling (both of which I prefer not to do).

The idea presented above, of using a shielded weed eater, seems worth trying.

Or I can just go on as now, sitting in my rolling tractor seat, and pulling the weeds by hand that I can't reach from a standing position using a "precision" long handled garden hoe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here